West Coast 4wd mission, labour weekend.

DoBro Jesus

As some of you may have seen, there has been talk of a trip to the west coast over labour weekend. So @Mof and I decided to do an actual thread for the trip.

The plan is, 

Friday 23rd: head up to reefton, settle into camp, the plan is to stay at the reefton motor camp. I'll probably take a half day off work and me and the middy will meander up there at some point. 

Sat 24th: Head up westport ways and do the denniston to lyell track, check out some sweet old mining relics etc. Aiming to leave 9am, so if anyone can't make it up for the Friday then that's the time you'll need to be there on sat. Then I guess just mosey back to the pub and whatnot for dinner. 

Sun 25th: Not 100% sure on what tracks we are gonna do yet but will be staying around the reefton area I believe, the plan is to either do green hut or petrol Hill, and Napoleon Hill maybe. But this is subject to change. 

Monday 26th: Head down greymouth ways and in behind shantytown to Noname Rd, which will bring us out to kumara, then head back over Arthur's and home to chch, cry that we have to go to work the next day etc etc. 

The plan is to do tracks that most trucks will be capable of doing so most people can come along. All together as a team sort of thing. Basic shit like proper recovery points, half decent tyres etc would make it a little easier if possible. 

If people are keen, would be good to know ASAP so we can book the motor camp and give them numbers. 

Don't have a truck but still wanna join in? I'm sure a few of us will have spare seats if anyone else wants to come along. 

• Like 6

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DoBro Jesus said:

@NickJ just bail on datsun nats, nobody is going anyway haha. 

Kinda want to, was mega keen for donating a set of tyres to Highlands until I found out it was only two laps behind a safety car.

Anyhow the old man is looking to head down for it, so will likely just hoon crown range etc for the weekend. 

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Kinda want to, was mega keen for donating a set of tyres to Highlands until I found out it was only two laps behind a safety car.

Anyhow the old man is looking to head down for it, so will likely just hoon crown range etc for the weekend. 

Get him to send you some pictures 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 00quattro00 said:

@Mof is there any deep water crossings? Also what is the chance of breaking something? I know hard to answer but I do need to drive back to Auckland at the end 

I think the general plan is to do tracks that most vehicles are capable of so everyone can make it home, with the option of some gnarly stuff on the side if people are keen to break shit etc. 

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Do it. This will be way more fun/serene/cheaper. 

12 hours ago, 00quattro00 said:

@Mof is there any deep water crossings? Also what is the chance of breaking something? I know hard to answer but I do need to drive back to Auckland at the end 

As long as the rivers behave this is the deepest we should get (they're 33's)100MSDCF_002.thumb.jpg.68c8c5b744e9cf36cef2a97748908f9a.jpg

I have got trying to avoid breakages/ panel damage in mind, and we'll do the tracks we think your vehicles are capable of doing. 

Yeah, we might push your limits, but it's not a wreck fest.

• Like 2