Sign in to follow this  
Muncie

Yet another V-twin.... Drift quad!

Well this just got placed in my boot its brand spanking new all the parts are still in boxes for my favourite price of nothing.

I have no idea what I'll do with it yet suggestions welcome.

20200901_070607.jpg

• Like 3

Some info its a Lifan 250cc 

The ignition setup would be perfect for the turbo v-twin i have so may try swapping some parts around. The 5 speed box has my mind racing.

Type 4 Stroke Twin cylinders, V-Twin, four stroke, air-cooled
Displacement (c.c.) 248cc
Bore x Stroke (mm) 49.0 x 66.0
Max HP 16.25 HP @ 8,000 rpm
Max Torque 13 ftlbs @ 6,000 rpm
Compression 10.0:1
Ignition system: CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition)
Idle 1,300 rpm 
Starter Kick and Electric
Clutch Manual Wet Multiple Plate
Transmission Left foot gear-change, five-gear constant meshing
Lubrication Pressure splash inner-outer scavenger rotor

• Like 1

Cool so this is a clone of a Yamaha xv250 virago the Yamaha bike wasn't too shit for a 250 and sounded good so this could be useful.

Hmm decisions decisions will have to curb my enthusiasm though and finish some other shit first,  or hope something with wheels drops in my lap missing a motor.

I have half a mini chopper and a v-twin........ all i need is half a quad and i have a trike been a pretty logical easy build.

Will make it run and properly assess the situation as this would bolt into my drift quad but not so keen on 5 gears and my kids hitting triple digit speeds. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got in to work yesterday morning and theres an envelope on my desk with the full wiring loom diagram and some hand drawn notes, 

The good bugger that gave me the motor found them when moving house and made a trip in to work make sure i had them.

So i unboxed the loom and started plugging stuff together and quickly realized this is an entire bike loom, brake lights indicaters dashboard plugs the lot. Here i was thinking it was an extremely complicated stand alone loom.

Its going to need some extras plugged in to make it run, ill grab an aliexpress digital bike dash so i can have some idea whats going on and go from there.

Meanwhile theres Engine mounting to be done.

• Like 5

This will be happening BTW have found it to be lazy easy fit to the quad i was building so will just make it be and get it ridable asap

Sprocket and disc have been fitted to axle just need to change sprocket to 428 pitch on engine and start moving mounts around to make chain line up. Currently needs to move 20mm to right and thats it.

Unsure if carb is actually downdraft looks wrong to me so may need to jam a 90 degree silicone joiner in there.

20200906_125014.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raizer said:

Carb is correct, just turned a bit 

30275.jpg.ccdb6fa433d3c514aca8fa3f50c86d6e.jpg

It looks wrong but probably isn't looks like a normal sidedraft must be internally different for downdraft duties. Failing that i have a pair of 32mm Mikuni's...... nope must not fuck with it ffs im terrible. 

• Like 1

20200906_125014.thumb.jpg.a860ab3e88dde8aa078932a856af30b1.jpg

Change of plans this is going to be in the drift quad now it is far easier to fit and will get running way quicker than the turbo engine which was going to be an ass to find a suitable drive setup (which incidentally has been sold for a criminal amount). Back down to a manageable hoard.