Matt G's 1974 Toyota Celica TA22 & Honda F20c Conversion

Matt G

4 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Nice work! Looks like the original engine was either a 2T or 2T-B pushrod engine. The 2TG was a twin cam. Either way, an F20C is definitely a good upgrade! 

Yes you're right, good engine from memory for what they were, way ahead of their time with the 5 speed.

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Also I think you're the first person on OS who's baller enough for a PDM install. 

Being an electrician, I hate wires :) and love software. Also it fitted with the Haltech plug and play + dash, it all talks together. I hope... Want the analogue stuff like fuel level feeding into it, fuel gets low ill restrict it to only 9k RPM to get to the gaser quickly, see all makes sense and totally practical.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 19/08/2020 at 10:56, Matt G said:

Custom EN26 drive shafts, light and should be more than adequate for peeling the tread.spacer.png

Ball Bearings fit in the end for the CV.

XE2ui7L.jpg

Diff being assembled after painting with por-15. Ended up going with 1.25 negative camber and a fraction toe in on the rear. Adjustable so we can sort later with different blocks.

spacer.png

U3kbNVC.jpg

Hey mate how much was this total build for parts cost and maybe the labour if you did the welding yourself don't worry just the cost for the rear differential and the rest of the goodies you put on it please and thanks

One more what exactly is it out of out beside a hilux? Model and year, or diff code even. Or one similar that would still work. I understand I need to make a jig up to weld the mounting points on.