Wilwood Calipers onto Hilux Diff

johnny.race

Hey man, recently had this carried out on my 1300 through choppers auto body shop. Used the wilwood powerlites with the integrated handbrake cable setup. We had an engineer draw up and make a mount for it and they tuck under some 14" modgies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahh! I just stalked your project build and see what you are on about. Very nice! Some questions, those are the same calipers being sold by Cardwells, yes? And what is the bracket made from? Is it steel? And the biggie - what is the rotor being used please. I am looking at using DBA637 which is the stock replacement for the rear of an fc s4/s5 but am seeking info for a suitable 4 stud alternative.

I take it the spacer you're using is between the rotor and rim? Or is it between the axle flange and rotor?

Very nice indeed! I've got some more questions about the handbrake cable set up but want to know the big picture stuff first. Ta man. 

No worries man. Yeah im pretty sure chopper got it from cardwells. The bracket is machined from steel and the rotors I believe are off a u13 bluebird (I can find a part number if you need), have set it up as 4x114. The spacer is between the disc and rim, the hub did have to get machined as well to help with fitment.

The handbrake setup is quite simple, we had to source a kit designed through a company in the UK which make them specifically for the powerlites. Have adapted this (clamp style ends on the lever side) to suit a Silvia s14 lever.

• Like 1