Jesse's punishing auto shitbox

DoBro Jesus

I got one of these for free off a mate who thought the engine was chooched,  just had loose rocker cover bolts

Had the same roof decals and was twin sunroof as well I think. Auto too. I drove it for a year or so, was a good little car  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Positive Ape said:

Cool car. You should manual swap it though. My dad used to have a three-speed-auto Corolla and it was awful. He'd put his foot down for more go and "wham", straight to 5000rpm

Yeah it's a bit like that, but as igor said I have plenty of other manual cars to smash around in so would be neat to keep it auto, as shit as it is haha. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaxPower said:

i brought one of these off here, its currently getting paddock bashed due to rust and fucked shocks, but its manual so if it ever blows up theres some cheap parts for yours, panels are\were pretty good.

Excellent, always looking for more bits/complete cars haha

9 hours ago, cletus said:

I got one of these for free off a mate who thought the engine was chooched,  just had loose rocker cover bolts

Had the same roof decals and was twin sunroof as well I think. Auto too. I drove it for a year or so, was a good little car  

Haha awesome, this is the first one of these I've seen, most are just nz new GL, GLX or 4wd ones. Yeah it's a lovely little car, Just don't expect it to get anywhere fast. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update on this, about a month back the missus thought it'd be a good idea to park this behind the pajero. Then use the pajero to pick up our daughter from preschool.... Forgetting this was behind it.... 

0kj3q3td.t4x.jpeg

hlcx2cgb.zvm.jpeg

Thankfully there was no structural damage, but it had wrecked the front end pieces I'd tried so bloody hard to find, needless to say I was pretty upset about it haha. 

Went through insurance, they wrote it off due to not being able to find parts rather than there being terminal damage. So long story short I bought it back off them, being able to keep it registered thankfully. And will be able to be insured again. 

Tracked down another grille and the other parts we had in our parts stash aside from the bonnet which I'm still struggling to find. But this one is still perfectly usable in the meantime. 

Made one good bumper out of 3 lol. 

kicmx2rd.kc0.jpg

n5zgcl2f.oar.jpg

y3bdcen5.mbd.jpg

Also I wanted to do away with the spotties on the bumper this time, but still wanted to have the decent lighting leds throw out. Had a spare little light bar, and there were 2 threaded holes in lower radiator support. Incredibly the mounts on the lightbar were the exact same spacing as the bolt holes on rad support so that bolted straight in! So gonna run the wee incognito lightbar haha. 

ziz54rkl.nzf.jpg

Should hopefully have it all back together this weekend! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3