Raglan Ride Revisited: Sat 26 September 2020

Raglan Ride Revisited

Saturday 26 September 2020.

*Entry form at the bottom of this post*

Save the date. This is a predominantly GRAVEL ride on well used roads between the towns of Raglan and Kawhia.

This ride is open to any Small Bikes/Scooters than can hold 60KPH for several hours at a time and be self sufficient. You need to be very sure of this. Get KM's on your bike before hand. Don't turn up with something untested. If you break down you'll be walking a long way with your bike and there are large patches of no cell phone reception at all.

There WILL be an entry form for this and numbers will be limited. First in, first serve. Gotta keep tabs for safety reasons on a longer run like this.

Road legal bikes only. 200cc limit. No new Sports/Cruiser/Dirt bikes etc.

You CAN do this on an SJ50. It's just punishing. You definitely don't wanna do this on your average FA50.

Unsure? Ask. Proper event will be made in week or so.

See pics for more details.

This isn't a race. No dicks. Cheers.

Approximate route (stole map from last time):

90ACD270-6111-4620-ACE0-BA5D6756BAD7.jpeg.219b55c8dfa5fdbbb41de9b3818ed802.jpeg

A bike riding:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, motorcycle, outdoor and nature

More:

Image may contain: 1 person, motorcycle and outdoor

Yes:

Image may contain: one or more people, motorcycle, sky and outdoor

Come hang:

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, wedding, sky, outdoor and nature

Barry enjoyed it:

Image may contain: 2 people, outdoor

This is a good chance to test out your bike pre Te Uruwera ride. 

The text I put at the top of the post is a copy and paste from Moped NZ, hence the stern tone. If for any reason after the entry form appears you miss out just message me and I'll throw you an OS dispensation entry. 

ENTRY FORM: Message for the link. 

Limited entries available. Come hang out. 

Cheers friends. It's a good day out. Rain, hail or shine.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Thphantum said:

Will there be camp?

Just a single dayer. I would be keen to re do this and go further over a few days in summer though. 

Last time we did this ride 3 years ago I ended up getting a flat pretty quick and my repair went flat too. So I ended up following in the spacio for the ride. 

3 hours ago, 64valiant said:

@flyingbrick our ride we been meaning to do for some time.

Keen.

yeah I'd love to attend, but unless someone gives me dispensation, the only bike I have going is clearly outside of the rules :-( :( @cletus has a DRZ that he's probably keen to get some kms on too. 

Also, going down to 

With regards to camping @Thphantum this is something that I have been wanting to get into for a while, there are a few MINT spots for camping off this road, you'd just want to be super discrete about it (and leave no trace of your night when you go).

Flick me a PM if ya keen to plan something outside of this! more fun if its not just me (I don't know anyone else keen to camp in random places during winter, LOL)

Edit: hmmn, I could ride the wifes farm bike. 125cc. not close to road legal though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

yeah I'd love to attend, but unless someone gives me dispensation, the only bike I have going is clearly outside of the rules :-( :( @cletus has a DRZ that he's probably keen to get some kms on too. 

Also, going down to 

With regards to camping @Thphantum this is something that I have been wanting to get into for a while, there are a few MINT spots for camping off this road, you'd just want to be super discrete about it (and leave no trace of your night when you go).

Flick me a PM if ya keen to plan something outside of this! more fun if its not just me (I don't know anyone else keen to camp in random places during winter, LOL)

Edit: hmmn, I could ride the wifes farm bike. 125cc. not close to road legal though.

I'd be keen on some rides suited to bigger bikes

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Organise them then fellas. Thats what made me organise rides. Because all that existed for a long time was for bigger stuff. 

No fun for smaller bike riders when they're sharing the road with bigger ones in a group setting. Would be cool to see you there though. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This will.be a epic ride! Just dont fall off the road around ruapuke it's a loooong way down to the sea there.

My olds had a Bach there for 30 plus years. Actually a random question  would someone doing the ride be able to grab a pic of our old place at kawhia for me? It's just up from the pub.

Cheers rusty

• 2 weeks later...