Sound deadening

Leone

Why do people put so much dynamat stuff on their cars?

I've always been under the assumption that you only need a small amount of it, in the right spots, to kill the resonance of the panels.

I guess a huge sheet of it could hold back the heat somewhat.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got any sweet hookups for Hardura or the like? I need a bit 1.4m wide by about 4m long in grey or black. This is enough to repattern all the inside of the Dynafari. I went to an upholsters yesterday but I was amazed at what they wanted for it, something like $750. If that is what it actually costs then ok, but it seemed very rich for some pvc and matting...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/06/2022 at 23:26, 64valiant said:

never had any luck trying to find any local, i had no issue with amazon, paid extra to get it here faster. was legit

Cheers. Just ordered the 80mil pack, seems pretty reasonably priced. Will report back with findings.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Have applied to the rear doors, front doors, firewall, part of the floor and roof of my van. 30 sheets of the 34 used up. Easy to apply and work with. Adhesion feels the part.

20220906_205652_copy_2476x1857.thumb.jpg.b34645ea89b1328866a41e166f5c304f.jpg

Do people normally apply sound deadening under the dash area/bottom of the windscreen or is this a waste of time?

20220906_193232_copy_2476x1857.thumb.jpg.0b79b194659769d565b6a5a24800f324.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/04/2023 at 20:52, ul9601 said:

I looked up kilmat on the web and they seem all out of stock? Is it gonna be a permanent thing, if so what is the alternative go-to sound deadening?

i brought mine from amazon and it seems they have stuff on their site and ships to nz

• Like 1

I got 4sqm of this stuff, but on a roll: https://themarket.com/nz/p/20pcs-car-truck-vibration-sound-deadening-mat-2.7mm-butyl-rubber-sound-deadeners/5110-BD-32298?siq=e7bb167e-e77d-46c0-be72-ba2cb416728f&sii=5110BD-32298&mode=io

I haven't got around to using it yet, but put a small piece on my hydraulic press beam to see how well it stuck. Seemed to do ok. Certainly won't be the best on the market sticky wise, but it's thick for the price. Going to do it in next few months if you're not in a hurry I can report back if it's good / dogshit. I got it to do floor / kick space areas not roof, and will probably give it a light heat gun action due to installing when it will be cold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bling said:

I got 4sqm of this stuff, but on a roll: https://themarket.com/nz/p/20pcs-car-truck-vibration-sound-deadening-mat-2.7mm-butyl-rubber-sound-deadeners/5110-BD-32298?siq=e7bb167e-e77d-46c0-be72-ba2cb416728f&sii=5110BD-32298&mode=io

I haven't got around to using it yet, but put a small piece on my hydraulic press beam to see how well it stuck. Seemed to do ok. Certainly won't be the best on the market sticky wise, but it's thick for the price. Going to do it in next few months if you're not in a hurry I can report back if it's good / dogshit. 

20pcs for $100 seems pretty decent if it does the trick.

think I’ll look into this stuff to do the hunter when it’s finally back from cert

• Like 1