Truenotch

oldschool drags MK VIII discussion

3 minutes ago, rich1179 said:

Well you are welcome to buy it then pedal it every day :) but honestly I'll see got a mate who is keen to take it down too haha. 

All good mate, was just a cheeky offer - it looks like it'd be a blast to drive.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldrx7 said:

All good mate, was just a cheeky offer - it looks like it'd be a blast to drive.  

Hey it is no question about that... Needs more boost though to get its 12.9 quarter time again but idk if I'll have time to get and fit a controller. Also rover has a new heart this year so no longer has a tired old 3.9 from a disco... Nice new 4.6 with cam hopefully the wof guy doesn't notice/ gives no cares :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris r said:

If you need a extra set of hands my mrs can help out if needed 

Thanks! I'll be making a call for volunteers soon, perhaps she could help out with handing out time slips? 

2 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Thanks! I'll be making a call for volunteers soon, perhaps she could help out with handing out time slips? 

Yeah she is happy to hand out slips 

• Thanks 2

Hi all. New to the forum, to NZ, and to racing here.

I'm just getting my car from Canada tech inspected for IHRA standards, getting the IHRA license... if those process in time, I will be there with the car. When is the latest I can register?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gozer442 said:

Hi all. New to the forum, to NZ, and to racing here.

I'm just getting my car from Canada tech inspected for IHRA standards, getting the IHRA license... if those process in time, I will be there with the car. When is the latest I can register?

Nice! I saw your comments on the Facebook page. We'll accept your entry on the day if required. I'm super keen to see that thing rip!

• Like 1

Also,  say hi to a few people. 

We're a friendly bunch and always full of shit yarns to make you wish you'd never asked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Truenotch said:

Nice! I saw your comments on the Facebook page. We'll accept your entry on the day if required. I'm super keen to see that thing rip!

@TruenotchThank you! I spoke to Gary from Meremere, who gave me some info as well. I then spoke to an IHRA tech inspector, and printed of a copy of the IHRA Rulebook. I've got a few things to go over... like a secondary return spring to install. I'll be getting my IHRA license too, for Super Street.

52 minutes ago, sheepers said:

Also,  say hi to a few people. 

We're a friendly bunch and always full of shit yarns to make you wish you'd never asked. 

@sheepers Absolutely! Have you ever met a Canadian that isn't friendly? If you have, they're from the USA. ;)

Does anyone have a helmet for sale?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Gozer442 said:

Does anyone have a helmet for sale?

I have a couple of spares if you haven't found one before the day.

• Like 1

Can you go the night before and camp out?

15 hours ago, Truenotch said:

I have a couple of spares if you haven't found one before the day.

Thanks! 

Gozer442, when do we get to see pics of said Oldsmobile?

d'oh.....just saw your intro elsewhere......veeeeery cool G-body......what part of Auckland are you in?

2 hours ago, Mark_Fleming said:

Gozer442, when do we get to see pics of said Oldsmobile?

d'oh.....just saw your intro elsewhere......veeeeery cool G-body......what part of Auckland are you in?

@Mark_Fleming how do you know about G-Bodies? I’ve seen two or three ‘80s El Caminos, and one Buick Regal. They don’t seem to be very popular here. 

I’m in Swanson. You?

^ Newmarket.....if you need any help with G Body stuff let me know, there's not too many of them over here....yes, I have one in the build at present....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mark_Fleming said:

^ Newmarket.....if you need any help with G Body stuff let me know, there's not too many of them over here....yes, I have one in the build at present....

Thanks @Mark_Fleming ... I’ve owned 8 g-bodies in Canada over the years, and have done almost all the work on them myself. What do you have being built? Any pics?

OK so no surprise they both failed. Anyone know a good exhaust shop in wellsford area to shut the rover up a little bit? Thanks

• Sad 1