Michael's Eunos Roadster

kyteler

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work polishing that turd, looks a fuck load better! I know a family friend who bought one as a mid life crisis and did nothing with it. Red with pealing clear coat that's just sitting in a shed.

There is a few cool ones I see around aucks, they look real cool with sweet wheels, roll bar, flairs etc. 

• Like 2

Check out the floppy diff mounts when you have it jacked up for the clutch replacement..

I don't know much about the oem running gear but did note the diff mounts on mine at 336,000km were pretty poked, and did not help with the gearbox shift quality, as 3rd gear wasn't where you left it when on/off the throttle.. 

/time for a 4g63t 

20180912_165223.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine's at 220k ish and I have a feeling that the first few owners took care of it then not so much.  Which likely means they're average. Will take a look when doing the rest of the gubbins but might put it off until I find a slippery, unless they're proper fucked. 

Nice - cheap roadsters to thrash is what they are made for 

Gearbox and PPF alignment is something to check out before and after dropping the box  to do the clutch - put a straight edge across the “chassis rails “ nope they are beaten in  floor stiffening ribs ... and measure up to the gearbox to front of PPF bolts - see where it’s at now and refer to factory spec for this -

bolts in the diff can be a pain they thread into sleeves - any of this stuff the ocd meearta owners on miata.net have good step by step stuff guides  -also lots of cool builds and knowledge on grassroots Motorsport forum 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Transom said:

Nice - cheap roadsters to thrash is what they are made for 

Gearbox and PPF alignment is something to check out before and after dropping the box  to do the clutch - put a straight edge across the “chassis rails “ nope they are beaten in  floor stiffening ribs ... and measure up to the gearbox to front of PPF bolts - see where it’s at now and refer to factory spec for this -

bolts in the diff can be a pain they thread into sleeves - any of this stuff the ocd meearta owners on miata.net have good step by step stuff guides  -also lots of cool builds and knowledge on grassroots Motorsport forum 

I just Googled that up, makes sense.  My "rails" are a bit beat but a before and after like you say should make it pretty easy to sort out.  Unless it's slightly fucked already.  Will see if it's 66mm +/- 5 and figure it out regardless. 

The PPF is a novel thing. 

Lots of people have spent money and parts trying to fix gearbox deacceleration noise after removing gearbox - alignment is critical - whole thing is so tied together that the engine mounts and diff bushes all come into the picture - front end of the PPF has slots so there is a bit of play for adjustment 
as for the floor stiffeners they are all smashed in even on std height cars - can get local made stainless steel protective cover that stiffen up the whole car a bit 

you found a soft top local ? All good 

• Like 1

Yeah, it popped up on the tard the day I got my warrant, I think.  Given I only want it as a temporary measure until I can get a hardtop 200 with no shipping and a minor patch able tear I went with that. Hopefully I can get a hardtop sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

Just now, kiwi808 said:

Cool.

I went to Repco to get a battery as it had a big one in that wasn't mounted properly and it really needs a little one.  I didn't know the exact size so went through the number plate shenanigans... 

The first thing he asked was..  "does it have a rotary in it". 

No. 

No it doesn't. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2