Gibbons 85 DASH starion

gibbon

I fitted (well, actually it was Dad) an aerotech rear spoiled to one once, and I remember us commenting on how it was going to invite rust. If I were to do it again I'd just glue it on, no drilling of holes. I'm going to fit a stock 3 piece spoiler to my car, and that's the route I'll go for sure.

Loving the progress :-).

I'm not sure I could pick the difference between an aerotech and a stock 3 piece spoiler? (This one is definitely aerotech, its etched on the underside)

One of the mount holes had turned into a big rust hole and another had previously been repaired... I got the buggered one fixed but did end up re-drilling them, I've just been quite diligent with sealing them up (I hope)

I've already come to terms with the fact that this car isn't going to be perfect, I'm simply not a good enough bodywork guy. So I'm trying to compromise and come up with something that isn't an embarrassment, but will actually still get finished eventually 

Hey while I've got you on the line, do you have any lowering springs for a starion on the shelf? This thing sits super high (might be clearance for the kit - will be funny to find out)

Olds cool can do cobras for about 450 shipped, mookeh in the USA can do a similar price, with 250 of that being shipping! So probably worth it if I can get them into a container or something 

29 minutes ago, ProZac said:

The springs in the parts car I've just picked up are yellow, so they're likely aftermarket ones. I'll see if I can find any deets on them :-).

awesome man, if theyre the goods then I'll have them in a heartbeat