• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, shrike said:

Going to space up the rear of the bonnet with some washers to allow some heat out the back as well?

Can't remember bit are you going to coat/wrap your exhaust setup?

Bonnet vents look good in my mind :)

cheers man.

the headers have been coated..we actually put a model of a mk3 in a wind tunnel .. just on the internet one night while having beers.. and there's a low pressure area right at the back of the bonnet and it will actually restric air coming out. (I know I've got some real needs as mates lol).  but at the half way make on the bonnet like where they are and the factory cosworth as well as evos and heaps of other cars ... the air going over the bonnet helps pull the heat out.. (that's my understanding of it.....I was drinking ...they were explaining).......     even though lifting the rear of the bonnet was my 1st plan.... probably not now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, d.p.n.s said:

cheers man.

the headers have been coated..we actually put a model of a mk3 in a wind tunnel .. just on the internet one night while having beers.. and there's a low pressure area right at the back of the bonnet and it will actually restric air coming out. (I know I've got some real needs as mates lol).  but at the half way make on the bonnet like where they are and the factory cosworth as well as evos and heaps of other cars ... the air going over the bonnet helps pull the heat out.. (that's my understanding of it.....I was drinking ...they were explaining).......     even though lifting the rear of the bonnet was my 1st plan.... probably not now.

Makes perfect sense, yeah no point lifting the back if its not going to help :)

Hopefully it helps drop down the engine bay temps be keen to see the before and after

• Like 1