D.p.n.s other mk3

d.p.n.s

2 hours ago, d.p.n.s said:

small update ..
*I have managed to set base timing.. and I belive also sync cam trigger.
*I have fixed the TPS problem ( tried a few things in the pc link setup...but ended up just swapping 12v and sensore ground over).

I think this may be my limit and were I'm going to need help setting up maps and trying to fire her up.... so ill have a chat to my mate tonight and see if he can talk me through it or even come and help me..

but she's closer than see was 3days ago.

cheers

What gen link is it? 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should post a video of what it's doing in the base tune that @Studid for you.

Did it still have issues once you fixed the timing/sensors? 

When I had my r32 I once plugged the injector loom in backwards so it coughed and spluttered but didn't fire.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, shrike said:

Should post a video of what it's doing in the base tune that @Studid for you.

Did it still have issues once you fixed the timing/sensors? 

When I had my r32 I once plugged the injector loom in backwards so it coughed and spluttered but didn't fire.

no it was getting late by the time we pulled a few things off to get a clear sight of the timing marks... the battary needed charging and I need to replace the air temp sensor..... and my brain needed a break..last day of my holiday time off today so... get back to work and get back into it on Saturday..

and thank fully it didn't matter what way around I wired the injectors as long as they there all the same.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Are you going to fill in the floor of the intake ports Dan?

Vizards book about making these motors breath say the floors of the ports are dead space. Pretty sure @nismo.capri filled the floor on his old Van's head. (That thing was quite jolly peppy too!) He reckoned his head out flowed the one in the book too. (Not that any two flowbenches will read the same)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Are you going to fill in the floor of the intake ports Dan?

Vizards book about making these motors breath say the floors of the ports are dead space. Pretty sure @nismo.capri filled the floor on his old Van's head. (That thing was quite jolly peppy too!) He reckoned his head out flowed the one in the book too. (Not that any two flowbenches will read the same)

I was thinking about it mate as everyone keeps telling me it's not to essential being forced induction...but I just keep thinking it it makes NA breath so much better then ut must work as welk for turbo

1 minute ago, RUNAMUCK said:

So that's a yes.

Over half of that book was about making the head work properly.

yeah...  think I'm going to take some time with the head ...

port match the exhaust side to manifold.. and clean uo the flow and a bigger value. 

the intake needs a bit of work. port match the opening (properly...rushed it last time as it was just to see if it worked). to adapter plate and manifold.. knife endge the valve area .. remove that sharp turn at the valve end on the floor and clean up that flow straight down the throat to the bigger valve...

it's only a evo 4/5 td05 on there ..but u would like to see if I can use it all....then look at sizing up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SOHC said:

I could score you a 2L motor if you need, 

na it's all good thank mate as I would have to do a gasket set and still swap the heads... and I eventually wanted to build a motor for this setup ... so ill just do it now mate...

might get done by end of October but will be done this year and then try and have it all legal for 2023

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, shrike said:

Can you weld up the hole? 

I think I could ..

but I don't know if I'm want to run the risk of having an issue.

it was the 1st time I've done this and don't actually mind having another go..

17 minutes ago, d.p.n.s said:

I think I could ..

but I don't know if I'm want to run the risk of having an issue.

it was the 1st time I've done this and don't actually mind having another go..

Fair enough was just thinking it might be an option if you need to save the head long term. 

• Like 1