Helium elbows magical Rx-7 FB

kyteler

Whats the tyre size you're running? Looks a little bulgy now, might be able to run a narrower tyre to help tuck under the guards without being stretched..

Wheelsize.com is your friend for future references...

Also, sometimes you can machine 3-5mm off the back face of the wheel

7 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Whats the tyre size you're running? Looks a little bulgy now, might be able to run a narrower tyre to help tuck under the guards without being stretched..

Wheelsize.com is your friend for future references...

Also, sometimes you can machine 3-5mm off the back face of the wheel

Am running 195/55 R15 which are a tad stretched as they are, 205 or 215 would have sat more square on the 7" rim. I don't really want to go down to 175 or 185 just for the sake of getting these wheels fitted, even if I went a narrower tyre there's still the issue of the edge of the rim being a good 30+mm beyond the edge of the fender. I did use wheelsize.com but I was working with the assumption the stock wheels were +20 instead of the +40 they actually were, and I was literally pushing it with the assumption the stock wheels were +20 already.

I did check if I could machine off the back face of the wheel but the bottom of the lug nut seat is only 3-4mm from the back of the hub face as it is. I honestly don't know where these wheels hide the -3 of offset, the dish is only about 30mm and the mesh spokes are convex, which is why I'm partially siding towards just finding better wheels. But here in the land of maple syrup and fake sorry's decent 4x114 wheels are far and few between.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rot808 said:

Did you grab a 13b water pump or a 12a water pump? as the stud pattern is different/extra stud on the 13b (fc anyway)

FB GSL-SE 13B GMB water pump which is the same as 12A/pre FC models - yeah you can see the stud difference in the pics but will get around it by putting in a short 10x1.5mm stud into the unused water pump bolt hole and the gasket has enough to material to seal up around the other unused hole too.

image.png.bce2059781efb4e71db41be78b1646c3.png

image.png.ef3bb2533a1ac85426ce069d490ddea8.png

The Banzai Racing adjustable alternator bracket allows for universal placement on either FB or FC water pump/housings so it should be all good on that front.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can look for another set if you want, or maybe when I sell the Passat it'll go minus the wheels. I paid CAD $550 for them without tyres but one or two need refinishing (which I have a claim lodged with our Ministry of Transport here after I hit a pothole damaging tyre sidewall and marking the rim, should hopefully cover getting the two less than perfect wheels refinished, the other two are already near mint)

IMG_0853.thumb.jpg.6a7f3a4dfcfa030fdf17fb4548e746c4.jpg