Valve spring compressors

yetchh

What compressors do you guys find the best? Had a set of the classic g clamp style but I'm not sure what happened to them. Keen on a set of the on engine style.. Which are good and which are shit? Any opinions? 

Cheers

I had a couple of those types, one was absolutely junk, one was better but didn't fit 98% of the heads I tried to use it on. Twin cam heads leave fuck all room for anything.

Think the first might have been Powerbuilt, can't recall the second one though.

• Like 1

Yeah, was just looking at a couple of vids, not sure how they go with multi valve springs as they look to only catch the outside spring leaving the inside ones still under pressure.. Unless there's a type that gets all springs. 

On vehicle i like to thread poly rope into the cylinder then wind it over by hand until piston stops. The use the trusty wind down compressor.

For double springs i made a tool years ago out of a long spanner, a bolt and some rod. Bent rod into a flat sided oval and welded to bolthead. Wind bolt into cam cap thread. Slide spanner  through the oval and lever over spring.

Edit : forgot to add spanner was bent in a J shape with the ring end at the curved end. Worked average but only on motor with same thread.