Bananaman'S KE20 Rebuild

Bananaman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never thought of it that way @Kimjon :D could re purpose that once I have finished the power upgrade for when I scare myself and crap my pants.

@ProZac credit where credit is due. Finished the first bit of the boot loom recently and rate what you did for HPA very highly thanks. Would love to pick your brain over a couple of other areas in the wiring side of things if your up for it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your presence or lack there of is felt.

My question mainly revolves around power of the fuel pump and battery cable from boot to starter etc.

I have a power distribution block I am going to run in the car which has a bypass for the main battery cable to run from battery box > starter. This junction has two power supplies which I was going to run one for my amp and the second for my fuel pump (probably excessive but meh)

Will running a relay in the boot with signal coming from ECU to activate it cause any kind of issue?

• 5 weeks later...

There is a long story behind that but I purchased it from Waytek in the USA. Problem with Waytek is they don't ship internationally as such.

I had to have them deliver it to a mate of mine in Pennsylvania who had to USPS it to Tacoma for another friend of mine who does a lot of freight ex USA to air freight it here.

USD it was $170 for what you see in those pics, the unit plugs and terminals.  (300ish NZD)

Cheapest freight option was from TTi which was around $350USD!!!!!!! which I wasnt about to pay.

I had a NZ company quote it and for what I ordered less the terminals I was quoted $470NZD + GST with an 8-10 week turn around.

It looks like a nice unit , Interested to see where you are mounting it in the car.

Probably better to go the other way it mine and split the power closer to the front of the car i think with a fuse at the back etc  , havent done anything to this level before so watching closely.

I have two points for power distribution since my battery is located in the boot. The first the the littelfuse distribution block which has a main bypass for the battery to starter motor and two branches which I intend to use one for my amp and the other for the fuel pump.

Once the power gets to the starter it comes back from there to the second distribution point which is the eaton PDM that distributes the power up front for all the other chassis / engine functions.

Once I have it all 100% pinned down I will be completing a comprehensive document that outlines each circuit as this seems to be an extremely common thing that is black magic and not openly available to the average enthusiast. I also have a very detailed spreadsheet of all products and tools I have purchased since I started this version two of the cars build. (albeit extremely scary looking at it)

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Stu said:

Would it be possible to have a return on the bottom edge of the dash panel and have them underneath on that instead so they are hidden?

Dont think that would work since there is limited pivot in the connection to be able to clip the bottom lifting upwards and then tilting backwards. (if that makes sense) Looking at it again last night I think it it the right move to trim the bottom and make it a little shorter which aesthetically is going to help, that and trimming the dash pad down on the bottom of the ends to thin it more so it doesnt sit so far down at the edges.

The goal here is not have to relocate the reservoirs for the pedal box for cert. "Easily accessibly" is the goal. 

5 hours ago, Rhyscar said:

Cool build man. Bit of a change to see improvements to a pretty good car, instead of a ground-up rebuilt.

Out of interest where did you buy the radiator cap/fitting from? I'm in need of one for the same job on my racecar. 

Just found them on Trademe. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/other/listing/3894694448?bof=gIh3KavG