KP60- Cobra Low type springs on stock shocks

JonoKP60

Hey everyone, 

I was wondering if having cobra low type springs (30-35mm drop) on stock Kp60 shocks is fine...The front shocks are stock, and the rear shocks are Monroe reflex gt gas shocks (stock height- installed by the previous owner a few years back). I’ve been considering getting kyb or Monroe short shocks all round, but is it necessary for low type springs (not superlow)?  I’m on a budget so I’d prefer not to buy new shocks, but I would consider it if it’s necessary. Has anyone run low type springs on kp60 stock shocks? (My kp60 has around 159,000kms)

Cheers, 

Jonathan

You might find your stock shocks are too soft and your ride will be bouncy and dumb though. But yah, if you jack the car up and can't move the springs around, then you're fine. Usually off-the-shelf springs don't require short shocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice and encouragement:thumbright:, that’s something I‘ll keep in mind, I haven’t 100% decided what I’ll go for yet...but it’ll most likely be on stock shocks. I‘ll put up an update on the builds thread possibly once I’ve put in the springs and maybe shocks. Still waiting on the springs to arrive....