Nathan's motorcycles.....

flyingbrick

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. Yeah the way I see it- could have sped on the ktm, and could even speed in the Triton, but with the odd exception in very remote locations, I'm kinda past that and have been for a long while. 

I think iv had one ticket in the past ten years and that was for 102 with a trailer LOL. 

Mostly just wanted it "just because". Pretty much a tick off the bucket list. 

And because Ghost Rider. 

Edit. On a more serious note, REALLY looking forward to chewing some kms to visit friends and family around nz

• Like 8

I saw the busa and thought, hmm I don’t remember him mentioning this before. Figured I’d missed the post of you having it. I nearly swapped my sportster for one. Probably best I didn’t. Gave one a bit of a cheeky race on my street triple r, I had him off the mark and a decent lead but he reeled me in and then on motorway I just had no chance!

• Like 1

Once iv had a bit (a lot) of seat time I'd really like to become a regular at the drag strip. Not interested in racing others times, just myself. 

But that's a long way in the future. 

These things also have some great tuning software available.. I'd love to play with that too in the future. 

Pretty much just want the bike to run and do the fun things that I was never able to finish the hz or beetle to do- and those projects have relaxed significantly as a result. Sold most of my LS stuff and really just want steel wheels and a diesel in the ute, and something vw and slow in the beetle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite. Fastest 'in their day'. But they're still around as a new model now. 

100kph in first without a struggle. 300kph is possible. I've ridden 4-5 of them and every time after I get off all I can think is fuck that. Be careful Mr Nathan! Cool bike though. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MopedNZ said:

100kph in first without a struggle. 300kph is possible. I've ridden 4-5 of them and every time after I get off all I can think is fuck that. Be careful Mr Nathan! Cool bike though. 

303-312kph top speed for the 99 model, "limited" to 299k from 2000.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MopedNZ said:

The crazy thing is how much torque they have at low rpm at very low speeds, such a massively tractable engine. Pretty mind blowing. 

• Like 2

Funny how when you buy something like a motorcycle, you're also buying into a bit of a club containing others with the same obsession.

403475959_images(1).jpeg.22dcfb6c2f1cf7491e4cf9a802a4f4a3.jpeg

Harley riders like leather and enjoy the company of other men, who also like wearing leather just a little too much.

618554875_images(2).jpeg.2c155199a01f4a774317218956fb202c.jpeg

Dudes into scooters seem to do anything they can to make something that is already painfully slow...ummm...even slower by adding as much shit to them as humanely possible.

1252251646_images(3).jpeg.846d43d9cc38b249fa8bfab7f49a0ebd.jpeg

And Hayabusa riders confirm that aliens have already landed!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3