Gavs Eunos Roadster

~Slideways~

Speeduino seems to be more supported, will have a look though.

Removed all the stickers and hammered out the dent in the guard:

3B2331A2-EC25-4E72-8BFE-74563D9D5E6A.jpeg.94af3555a6eaaffffa2989d7f1a72e9f.jpeg

Looks much tidier now. Just don’t look at the cracked paint and missing top coat were the car thieves had hastily tried to remove the stickers.

Fitted hard top too. Took a bit of stuffing around because the b pillar mounts had never been fitted. But working now.

Replaced the ign barrel and boot lock too. Had to cut slots into the bolts to remove them:

E4B3C85C-1D1E-4D05-B804-122801080FC0.jpeg.034c68012a00cba51bbcae2d058ece6d.jpeg

New barrel:

2A8B449D-C0A6-4FF8-9141-ECC38684A6A2.jpeg.9ebcc3e27ade3c34ff155cd855ae02a5.jpeg

• Like 5

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Annnd wof. Passed first time which is awesome. Needs some surface rust underneath taking care of and the exhaust is getting rusty.

So I guess I’m going to have to make an exhaust then.

Going to try the foamectomy mx5 thing on the drivers seat and see how much extra room it makes.

• Like 4

Oh wow, I know this car! It was never very fast (hence being in the RS cup), but did loads of events and the owner was always good to chat to. 

Did you get the logbook with all the homologation papers etc? 

Are the Konis able to be converted to coil over? These cars improve a lot with stiffer springs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Truenotch said:

Oh wow, I know this car! It was never very fast (hence being in the RS cup), but did loads of events and the owner was always good to chat to. 

Did you get the logbook with all the homologation papers etc? 

Are the Konis able to be converted to coil over? These cars improve a lot with stiffer springs. 

Yeah Mark was a really nice guy, sounds like he used it for about 7 years of racing. The cage was bolt in because he and his wife used the car for everything which is pretty cool. 

I've got the log book which has photo's of the cage, some old authority cards but I'm not sure I have any other papers for the cage. There are some receipts to still look through though.

The rear shocks just look like normal springs, although I don't know what the factory spring looked like. It would be easiest to just fit some lowering springs I reckon.

My dad's one has Whiteline sway bars and that made a big difference.

Here's the rear shocks, do you think they look like factory springs?

Haven't looked at the fronts yet but they are definitely Koni adjustables all round. The difference between the softest and hardest settings is really significant.

IMG_7837.jpg.19070d861a008e2ec8da2a9ebcd9fae5.jpg

Also here is the stupid lack of boot release:

IMG_7847.jpg.99b2cb66b993c19a06291640084eef16.jpg

It's done the Intermarque Sprints events too:

IMG_7836.jpg.93314d91cbdb38414460f39633169a93.jpg

It's definitely not very fast, he said he kept it standard for reliability. There is a lot to be said for that, so many times I've missed out on track time due to an issue of some sort. 

Also, man its been a LONG time since I've done any kind of event.

In the short drive to and from the wof place is actually goes better than I thought it would. Haven't had it in a 100kph area yet, I'm guess it'll be pretty obvious then.

• Like 3

Our boot lock is butchered from accidentally locking the key in the boot once... now it’s jut a vague hole that you can turn with a screwdriver etc. 

The rear springs look factory to me. If you decide to upgrade, try to find something stiff with a linear rate (not progressive). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Our boot lock is butchered from accidentally locking the key in the boot once... now it’s jut a vague hole that you can turn with a screwdriver etc. 

The rear springs look factory to me. If you decide to upgrade, try to find something stiff with a linear rate (not progressive). 

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they are standard springs, it sits pretty high at the back at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been driving this to work everyday which involves the twisty bits along the water by Whitby, which is fun if not much traffic.

The car had the standard 14” wheels with Supercats. Which are actually surprisingly okay in the dry. But I can feel them letting go in the wet if cornering too fast.

On another project I have some 15’s with Achilles 123’s which are pretty old but I’d like to see what they are like, they are technically semi slicks but cheap ones.

They fit the mx5 pretty well, I’ll see what they feel like tomorrow on the way to work.

95F062EC-E282-4338-8E01-88B504E0862C.thumb.jpeg.11f38fe831dac8c0c474a8016b8adc23.jpegBF18E14E-D477-4D02-8FC3-D3D15BAA5BAD.thumb.jpeg.a2bba1f0bd2ba69a7e1b04ca0dbba1db.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, kyteler said:

Feel free to sell me your hardtop...

I'm waiting on bits from rockauto so I can change the clutch and do a bunch of shit all at once

50103337621_8bbc489f11_b.jpg

Lol my soft top has holes in the rear window, would have been swimming. Without the hardtop, love the hardtop glass too, it’s a much wider opening.

Those wheels really suit it, are they some kind of turbo fan thing?

• Like 1

Just now, ~Slideways~ said:

Lol my soft top has holes in the rear window, would have been swimming. Without the hardtop, love the hardtop glass too, it’s a much wider opening.

Those wheels really suit it, are they some kind of turbo fan thing?

Racing Hart Superlative Dish D/Spec 

Single piece as opposed to a bolt on turbofan setup but that same look, really. OZ, Compmotive, etc. 

• Like 1