Mattt's 1970 RT80 12A Bridgeport TEQ Corona Discussion

Mattt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some good solid 12a motors out there, but housings are getting harder to find. Go hard for what they are etc.

The same can be said for older 13b housings.

You could go modern churbro motor but that needs more Ned’s for computers etc.

I vote find a solid 12a and make all of the revs.

Too late. 12a Bridgeport it is. I went through the paperwork today and found the wof sheet from the end of 2018. Looks like the hilux diff may need Cert. It’s currently got a green sticker on it. Hopefully the reason for failure isn’t still in system and they overlook the diff for the wof :cry:

• Like 1

i might have an uncracked dash and unpainted dials i could be convinced to part with if you want to go down that route. 

id have to go look in my pile of spares to see whats exactly there though. 

but shit at least bathe those dials in thinners! holy shit!  

• Like 1

Toyota Corona RT 81 Import 1972 | At the Milang 2015 Yesterd… | Flickr

i think i have two sets of this grill if its of any interest. 

i may only have one sedan grill and the coupe grill fitted to my sedan in which case i wont let it go incase i ever bend the front end, but if i have two sedan grills like i recall id be happy to sell one. 

however. are you sure itll fit? these are all the face lifted rt81 or rt84 cars, and yours is the rt80. 

• Like 1

If you have one I would love it. No I have no idea if it’ll fit im just assuming they didn’t get too carried away with changing the main body components for a facelift. If you do have one we can measure it up and hope for the best :badgrin:

• 2 months later...

Thanks man. I really appreciate that my car can be inspirational. I will be having new door cards made although my vinyl is peeling at the bottom so not sure if it’s of any use to you or not?

on that note have you got a RH rear pillar vent internal cover? It’s the metal cover that goes on the inside of the vents on the pillars I only seem to have the LH one for some reason.