Inlet trumpet dyno testing

kpr

does your engine bay not melt with timing that late?        Ive just ditched the stock triggers on my 20v   which are 24-1 vr in the dizzy.    now running 36-1 hall cam speed.    runs a whole lot nicer no other changes.  i do think the stock setup was getting pretty tired though as it spat the odd trigger error

• Like 1

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, kpr said:

dumb shit 

Yes!  

If I had some time and skills and materials to send you stuff to test it would be interesting to see results of things like

SU on a log manifold to see how much power it would lose 

Or see how much power it could make with something outside the box like a 650 holley 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd love to see e85 or methanol through a big carby to see what the cooling effects are like on a n/a. 

A 1 3/4" or 2" SU bolts up to a stock 4age manifold if anyone wanted that gem of useless information.

8 minutes ago, cletus said:

Yes!  

If I had some time and skills and materials to send you stuff to test it would be interesting to see results of things like

SU on a log manifold to see how much power it would lose 

Or see how much power it could make with something outside the box like a 650 holley 

• 10 months later...

My prediction would be that it will be slightly less power than plain trumpets, but maybe not measurable.

The logic being that you have increased the surface area of the trumpet so there will be more surface stagnation in the flow, so therefore less flow.

It may even work and actually swirl the air which takes energy and further screws up the flow.

Anyway, my name's ThePog and I got a D in Fluid Dynamics at Canterbury.