Inlet trumpet dyno testing

kpr

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i will go for the long straight blue ones first, then the weird blue ones, then green because.. different also. 

i was talking to a Cylinder Head reco dude(age 65 he was at the time) about match porting to the manifold. and he said some instances a poor match where particularly the exhaust port being smaller than the pipe/flange (aka bigger pipe than the port) helps with preventing a reversion effect(expanding gas though)

would any of this translate on intake runners?(stepped runners smaller diameter than the port)

1 hour ago, deankdx said:

i will go for the long straight blue ones first, then the weird blue ones, then green because.. different also. 

i was talking to a Cylinder Head reco dude(age 65 he was at the time) about match porting to the manifold. and he said some instances a poor match where particularly the exhaust port being smaller than the pipe/flange (aka bigger pipe than the port) helps with preventing a reversion effect(expanding gas though)

would any of this translate on intake runners?(stepped runners smaller diameter than the port)

Yeah depends on the sizes.  Port matching in most cases is pointless and in some will make it worse.  Good example of this is  my current junker engine. Has bigport head with itb setup designed for smallport just  bolted straight on.  Most people would lose there shit at the massive missmatch. But it actually fixes some of the sins of the oversized ports.  If tried to make the manifold match the port size with a nice slow transition, it would be worse

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That would be amazing

Yeah will run them all at same length.   so all the 75mm ones will have the ali extendo bits on them, which as a small taper inside

the long blues  aka "2. big straight blue lagoon"   are  actually made for silvertop throttles,  so they a bit skinny compared to everything else.  i just butchered the flange off the end.

w.jpg.e62534ac2121b8b6e077a43670155bda.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1