Inlet trumpet dyno testing

kpr

Yeh think may pursue the big tapered idea. The 45's look decent in some places. But not  so keen how jumps around so much.

Kinda cool how can see it brick wall soon as run out of airflow in the runners.

Someone bring said beams here and will dyno it for a small fee

• Like 2

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting pretty good at melting pvc into shape.  although melting some electrical conduit and down pipes into a plenum maybe beyond my capabilities.  whilst fumes created being the death of my last few brain cells

I do keep forgetting to wack the hilux plenum on there.  would probably do ok

• Haha 1

its always good to read what others are doing ,my 3sge is trd inlet, 50mm throttle taper out to 52mm. 2stage is 52mm out to 55mm and ram tube is 55mm out to 65mm with 8 injectors ,the other 4 are 230mm further away than the inboards ,i still get some misting or stand off at about 7000 and also i use to lean 1 cyl out in 500rpm range .i tune every cyl now from idle to redline with my big air box on ...the biggest difference on using inboards only or out boards only is about more torque and more hp ,about 12kws across the rev range higher than just inboards 

• Like 2

At wide open throttle, the power curve was identical.   going from 47mm Toyota throttles to the bmw 52mm  throttles.     Only  the mid section changed,  so kinda make sense.    working from the head out.  the adapter and throttles  were changed.   the 110mm section after the throttles was machined to shallower taper to compensate for the 3mm bigger throttle inlet  opening, the top 75mm trumpet and bellmouth were unchanged 

2 minutes ago, Celica RA45 said:

ok so if your car was a race car and was at tight race tracks the 47mm throttles would be faster coming out of the corners and in lap times as well 

How so  if the power is the same?

im using my map and air temp inside the air box ,but i also dropped 20c in air temp as my intake is in front of the radiator ,so on 25 degree days it sits at about 20c coming in past the air temp , before the airbox radiant heat was up to 40 c going past the air inlet 

• Like 2