Who knows something about 910 bluebird/z18et?

Mattt

Dad's race car had an old link lem and it worked well, plus was period correct cool. It went like a cut cat, but after smashing the ring lands to peices, we discovered a bleed valve had been fitted and boost turned up above what it was tuned for, before we got it, it had been leased out and we suspect that's who fitted the fucking thing.

Not sure if it went with the engine when it sold or not but could very well be the same, I think he kept it though. 

Personally id go with the pillarless kitset in Nelson. Sounds like a good winter project, and looking at the sedan, you'll probably pull it all apart making it nice anyway. 

Edit, I see the link available is in Wellington, if you end up with one, and dad kept his, he could be interested in selling it, likly complete with z18 loom from his s110. 

• Like 1

Ah now that could be a good option. As I can see I would need a new loom anyway so that could save me some hassles. I’m thinking I will take a trip up to Nelson to have a look at it once lockdown is over. I have a painter that owes me a favour so that will be a good starting point.

• Like 2

Thanks for that. Your bluebird looks stunning! After much consideration I decided against the bluebird option though and picked up a RT80 corona rolling body set up for a 12a. Build thread to follow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BlownCorona said:

It's a friken cool car man it'll go like a cut cat with that motor, and I'm super excited for the car dad bought from you. 

I should get him to put a build thread up on here as we finish it off and get it on the road. 

I can't remember if I had a build thread on here for it or not but definitely would be keen to see one for it! Hayden said that it's all planned out for paint already!

Yup, nothing flash, but nice and tidy just to get it all sealed up and driving ASAP. 

I'll have a hunt for any potential build thread to continue. It wasn't Ryan fels old one was it? I remember a white ta60 being on the forum years back. 

/Thread hijack sorry. As you were, though he bought a corona in the end so good decisions all round. 

• Haha 1