Who knows something about 910 bluebird/z18et?

Mattt

I have come across a Z18et powered 910 Bluebird locally. It's overpriced IMO of course, but it is unique and has got me thinking about things. The first issue is it's an auto. There's not a lot of information from my google searching, and i know nothing about these cars or this engine. Can anyone shed some light on things like what gearbox i might use for a conversion, Engine Potential, Inter-changable parts and anything useful.......

Biggest drawback is the factory management. @kiwi510 had once once. (In his 510 no less) he added an addition external.spring to the wastegate arm. But over about 9psi he experienced detonation issues. Later a CA18det CAS was fitted to the dizzy, (with the internal disc flipped, because the cam and a dizzy rotate opposite directions) along with all the CA18 afm/tps/etc/etc. With a view to tune it using a nistune tool. However he sold it. The new owner fitted an SR, and the motor ended up in another 510, running a link. 

Some.years back.another bloke I knew had a z18et with a link in a ke70 racecar. That would pop head gaskets at around the 230-250 hp mark.

thanks guys. any idea what sort of price range one of these would be worth? Its a 4 door pillar model which suggests to me its probably a less sought after one? I'm trying to extract some info from the guy but he hasn't got back to me yet. It looks like a nz new one which means i'm unsure if it will be a solid rear end or IRS.

Just now, Mattt said:

Thats why this intrigued me. factory turbo. Manual swap i can do.

If you like the car and can do the work, then go nuts. Pricing is always a hard one as they don't come up often so price ranges aren't too specific.

• Like 2

had a mate with a z powered 1200. z18et head, z22 block, z20 crank or something close to that. ran an early link. went very well.

plus its nissan lego so mechanically you can do anything.

ka24de+t

• Like 1

Yeah I think given it’s condition and the fact it’s a pillar auto I’ll see if I can get him down IF I decide to go forward with it. There’s also a pile of parts in Nelson a guys selling that includes a factory turbo hardtop body with minimal rust, z18et and 5 speed manual which I may consider as another option. I just hate the idea of putting it back together without knowing where anything goes. 

dad just sold his z18et and a couple manual gearboxs for *i think* $600. 

it was disassembled due to damaging a piston in his race car. and we struggled to find replacement parts for it, so made the call to go SR20. though the z18 was cooler. 

in the end he did manage to track down all the parts required to rebuild it, and a guy whos probably on here, bought it to put into his really cool 2 door bluebird, the type with the folded corners in the rear glass. might be making a z20 turbo hybrid or something but im not sure. 

i think the price on the engine was pretty fair, it sure is a cool engine, but its not an rb26/2jz monster ect so i dont think they are a super valuable engine, just rarer than usual

Yeah I think they have that Oldschool Sohc turbo cool factor about them. If I could see around 250hp from one I’d be pretty happy I think. I have found someone selling an older link LEM ecu for a z18 as well for a decent price so that makes the whole thing even more attractive.