Who knows their shit on electric motors?

Kimjon

The same size or even a 3 kw single phase motor is no good on a screw type hoist, ask me iv tried it even with gearing down the drive pulleys it stalled the 3kw 4 pole motor could  only lift a mazda6 on the hoist about 600mm off the ground, single phase just dont have the same torque a 3 phase motor has, @Kimjon im gonna guess that motor you have is star wound only for 400v (looks real similar to the one i had), if it could be hooked up for delta windings it could run on a single phase in three phase out 230v vsd but would lose torque due to the lower line voltage. Flick me a message if you have questions about motors and power calcs (im an industrial sparky by day)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, vk327 said:

The same size or even a 3 kw single phase motor is no good on a screw type hoist, ask me iv tried it even with gearing down the drive pulleys it stalled the 3kw 4 pole motor could  only lift a mazda6 on the hoist about 600mm off the ground, single phase just dont have the same torque a 3 phase motor has, @Kimjon im gonna guess that motor you have is star wound only for 400v (looks real similar to the one i had), if it could be hooked up for delta windings it could run on a single phase in three phase out 230v vsd but would lose torque due to the lower line voltage. Flick me a message if you have questions about motors and power calcs (im an industrial sparky by day)

Thank you, really appreciate the reply.