Mof's a Pikey. Caravan Thread

Mof

Just now, h4nd said:

It's coming along nicely. Be great in summer, for buggering off fishing, right?

Also, please vent the top of your battery box to the outside, don't want 'splodey H2 when you charge the battery!

I have no interest in holidaying in a caravan. 

And yes it'll be vented, but I was going to vent through the floor. Do you think it'll be a problem? 

If you have wet batteries, the water you replace has turned into H2 and O2. H2 rises, and will burn / explode on wide mixture ratios. Sealed batteries probably make minimal amounts in normal use (but then things do sometimes fault, and sometimes overcharge). There's disagreement on how much of a problem it is ( https://www.caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7574#p100660 ). 

I'd guestimate the easiest way would be to just run a wee tube out the top of the box, up and out somewhere. Could probably hook it over at the top like a candy-cane to easily keep water out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work dude. We have an '88 4.5m Lightweight Vagabond and did a mini makeover in the way of ripping back single beds out, putting a fullsize double bed in. Made a new countertop and got rid of the gas cooker. Fixed water damage around the roof vent. That was trying enough. Put some 12v lighting and USB ports it for devices. 300w portable solar. 

In some ways I wished we had done a complete gut like you've done. Result would've been better.. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...