MRWEST'S 808 Coupe

MRWEST

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, oldrx said:

Cool car man, funny looking water pump, no thermostat? MFR?

hmmm good question, i have got to pull top hose off and replace so will check, it warms up/acts like it has a thermostat? but havent actually checked. 

Just now, Nominal said:

That's some serious stretch!

id love to see how someone actually fitted them it must of been a mission. unsure how they hold air TBH haha.

Just now, kiwi808 said:

Welcome to the 808 coupe club!

Cool car mate. Well done.

Cheers man very happy to finally have one, will be happier once i get shit sorted on it. have made good progress already though. 

• Like 1

I know this car, was in wellington with a 10a nosecone plates were 1LOWHO, a mate of mine bought it up to Auckland (Darren) and fitted the flares and BBS blacked out etc

Very tidy bodywise, guard hacking aside, good score!   

• Like 2

Daily catch up update is up now haha.

13 hours ago, datlow said:

Shit yeah, if this comes up half as good as your impala it’ll be so gooood!

Fighting the urge to pull it too bits and start from scratch haha, going to do enough to get it useable/safe etc for summer is the plan at the moment.

13 hours ago, maxted said:

awesome to see some more old mazdas on oldschool! cool coupe man

cheers man glad to have my hands on one, should of bought one 3-4 years ago when they were probably half the price they are now haha.

10 hours ago, kyteler said:

If you can make this as slick as your other rides it will be amazeballs. 

That said, I already like the look of it even as you bought it, a few minor tidies and sorted. 

Yeah pretty much the plan now, tidy up a heap of things, getting it looking good and everything going which is a decent job in itself.

3 hours ago, dabuzz said:

I know this car, was in wellington with a 10a nosecone plates were 1LOWHO, a mate of mine bought it up to Auckland (Darren) and fitted the flares and BBS blacked out etc

Very tidy bodywise, guard hacking aside, good score!   

ah yes interesting i did know it was from wellington thats apparently when this motor got put in it which was supposedly a pretty nice wee 13b built by Lawton at the time...Body is solid and in good nick, couple of minor rust gremlins to sort and the guard hacking but to be expected for its age. Was suprised how mint and straight the floors and sills etc are on it. 

2 hours ago, anglia4 said:

Mate. You're starting to amass too much cool shit.

That looks fucking rad!

TBH dont know how i got this one past the boss but hey pulled it off somehow so its in the shed now haha.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, dabuzz said:

Hows this, was looking through old pics and this pops up....

20200428_203211.jpg

Shit thats a throwback haha earliest photo iv seen of it, iv seen some of it on ROH ZS's and other modgys and a few other wheel combos but not that far back!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nominal said:

Good result on the chrome. Looks way better and the price was right.

Best part being the price alright! Was scared to pull it off and find it was rubbish haha

21 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

Nice work on the return to chrome!

As an FYI you can buy the number plate brackets from Phil’s Rotaries for the front bumper.

Worth getting so you can mount the front number plate properly.

ah yes good to know will sort that out, need a few bits and pieces from auz so will add it too the list

21 hours ago, rusty360 said:

How farking stretched are those rear tyres!

Sooooooo stretched haha. Bloody hell would of been a task getting them on.

20 hours ago, flyingbrick said:

Glad he's changed them because they dumb.

Jesus it's a sweet looking car tho.. those flares will look sooooo great

Cheers man looking forward to getting the tyres round the right way and getting flares on the back will look alot more together then!

• Like 1