Te Urewera Undertaking, 2020 Nov 27th, 28th, 29th.

15 hours ago, tortron said:

Dialed in my gear list a bit

5kg flat with food

That's not bad, my panniers are probably way over that, but also includes 1L of spare oil and a 750ml drink bottle. Never done the ride so I'm probably taking too much lol. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a stage sweep from Murupaua through to Waikaremoana today (I'm here for the week working). Road is is good shape, but surface varies a lot and has the fully range from big boi rock, through to slick dusty hard pack. Grader and roller was working its way through as well. Tyre choice is going to be critical*, and I think all things considered Golden Boys will be the pick of the bunch.

* I'm joking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Did a stage sweep from Murupaua through to Waikaremoana today (I'm here for the week working). Road is is good shape, but surface varies a lot and has the fully range from big boi rock, through to slick dusty hard pack. Grader and roller was working its way through as well. Tyre choice is going to be critical*, and I think all things considered Golden Boys will be the pick of the bunch.

* I'm joking.

Fair amount of precipitate coming over the next two days. Should be dry on the day but a lot of wet underfoot/tyre

1 minute ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Do you live on a busy road Tory? Seems to be a lot of traffic noise in that video?

lol yeah i tried a different case (open at the back) and it seems to have picked up more of the traffic noise than it usually does. But yes massively busy road (why i spent 20 k on double glazing cos it goes 24 hrs a day)

oh and theres diggering going on next door.

Ill use the normal case next time