ANTON's Angrybox yarns

felixx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, felixx said:

My heater had a leak so I disconnected it.  About 10 years ago. 

Thinking about one of these as a replacement.. what do you cats think??

Screenshot_20200418-093908_AliExpress.jpg

If that is 12v and 2.6kW, it will melt your battery or does it hook up to the waterlines?

Small diesel heater on the other hand...

• 11 months later...

Don't have too many concrete plans.

Mainly sort it out physically/mechanically and if I have time I'll sort it out cosmetically. Failing that I'll just get my brother to do it up north after my dad drives it up.

Once I've sorted the brakes and doors I'll crack into the valvetrain and then maybe make sure there aren't any major leaks anywhere.

Cosmetic work won't be too in-depth. I want it to still be perfectly usable as a daily when I'm done. So just a basic straightening, some paint and maybe make some new trim bits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ajg193 said:

Don't have too many concrete plans.

Mainly sort it out physically/mechanically and if I have time I'll sort it out cosmetically. Failing that I'll just get my brother to do it up north after my dad drives it up.

Once I've sorted the brakes and doors I'll crack into the valvetrain and then maybe make sure there aren't any major leaks anywhere.

Cosmetic work won't be too in-depth. I want it to still be perfectly usable as a daily when I'm done. So just a basic straightening, some paint and maybe make some new trim bits.

Slammage....? 

• Thanks 1

Man it must be great being able to whip things up on the lathe like that!

Also interesting re the testing station. My brother took his Surf there a few months back (32s, 2" lift, spotlights etc, nothing out of the ordinary) and they went to town on it. Wanted proof from Toyota that the lift wasn't more than 2", made him take all the stickers off the side windows, also wanted him to remove the lower half of the dash to prove there wasn't an odometer switch in there etc. Won't be going there ever again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3