Power files

yetchh

Tool shed electric cheap as goes hard for what it is and their belts are cheap as - I only buy the 40 grit as they don’t last long anyway 

comes with a straight 13mm  finger a bent 13mm finger and a narrower 5mm? Finger 

have not found zirconia belts for it yet and local tool shed had a good look thru listing for me in 13x455

once you have one you will wonder how you did without it 

ryobi +1 do one of you have that gear already 

EB34DD6E-2DC1-4340-BA6C-6D3979277D78.jpeg

• Like 3

Air tools ftw....if you have a compressor to run them. 

For work I've got a 3m 10mm belt Sander and a 20mm jobby from r a Johnson.  Think its car tool or some brand like that. Both get used almost daily.

Both are decent tools. Important to oil everyday and they last really well. 

Air tools are always less bulky.

Edit.

I have the big one.

We also have the 10mm one as a workshop tool. They get abused pretty hard and they last a couple years 

http://www.raj.co.nz/product-group/1110-belt-sander-10-x-328mm/category/308-sanders

http://www.raj.co.nz/product-group/1111-belt-sander-20-x-520mm/category/308-sanders

• Like 1

I have a black and decker one, does the trick. Toolshed belts are pretty shit, mine tend to break before running out of grit. Will invest in better belts next time. The Toolshed ones are dirt cheap though, so can't complain too much. Will check that front wheel on mine though in case that is causing issues.

Air would be better, but fuck that racket lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, JustHarry said:

I find Roloc Sanders are also a lot better for finishing and getting that sweet "ground" finish the pros leave.......

And they let you remove a weld down flush with the surrounding material far easier than any traditional grinding disk or belt sander.  

Only bitch is when you get a disk caught and it rips off the adaptor leaving behind its plastic nubbin to dig out lol

• Haha 1

On 13/04/2020 at 21:26, JustHarry said:

The flex-o-vite belts from bunnings are also pretty bad. They tend to break at the seam long before thyre worn out of grit

yeah have found that.

have you used the bosch belts yet? 

was thinking on ali for some belts and maybe an air power file too as cheap  :-D

I use the green mytools ones from trademe. Couple of bucks each, come in packs of 10.

Last well, can cut them on sharp edges, but that's the way it goes

Also the tip roller on my 2nd one is starting to get loose. Looks like you will go through 2 per rusty mitsi