A340e trans gurus, ecu help needed

square

Hi gents,

I'm lobbing a 1kz and a340e into an old rn 90 Hilux and will run a manual diesel pump ( probably ) instead of the engine ecu.

I can't figure out how to drive the trans, I've made manual shift boxes for these before but want this to work properly, either with the engine ecu or another trans ecu.

Anyone got any ideas or has done it before ? If I can fool engine ecu then that the easiest way, just can't brain how. It has the tps cable on it already. 

The boxes are super common but Google wants me to buy an aftermarket TCM and I don't want that for a $1000 truck 

Thanks 

I have a spare a43de TCM I could send you, you should be able to get the box running off that as long as you can give it a speed and TPS signal, however the shift points will be too high for the 1kz and I don't know how you'd go about altering that.

Just now, Yowzer said:

I have a spare a43de TCM I could send you, you should be able to get the box running off that as long as you can give it a speed and TPS signal, however the shift points will be too high for the 1kz and I don't know how you'd go about altering that.

Thanks yeah thought about that but no adjustment would  be an issue

Just now, 00quattro00 said:

The older 1kz should have a separate tcm, or get one from another diesel like an Isuzu or Mitsubishi that use these trans

This one is built into the engine ecu but I didn’t realise the Pajero etc had them, will see what I can find. I’d been looking under 30-40le as well 

Just now, square said:

This one is built into the engine ecu but I didn’t realise the Pajero etc had them, will see what I can find. I’d been looking under 30-40le as well 

I would have thought the non ecu controlled 1kz would of had a separate tcm, I know fuck all about toyotas though. 

Although they are essentially the same trans there are a few variations of the valve body, need to make sure that yours has the same number of solenoids as the tcm you are going to use. If you already have the toyota one id just use that

It’s an ecu controlled engine now, but I’m turfing the electronic diesel pump for a manual one to get adjustable boost and fuel pressure.

there must be a way of using the stock eng / trans ecu just for the trans   Just need to brain how 

Quick follow up here, I've had plenty of useless advice so far from around the place from noone with any real experience so will plug away getting the trans functions of the ecu to work , there's not that many ins and outs. 

I don't have exact wiring diagrams for the Hilux or the donor so am averaging many diagrams which is no fun. 

I went through the same exercise a few months back with an A750f and 1KD swap and it works ok still. 

15867619599632924086600249489644.jpg

Just coz you have chosen to ignore advice doesn't make it useless. What was the point in posting in the first place if all you're going to do is stick with your original plan anyway? Microsquirt, Suprastick, any standalone factory ECU from a deez. What more is there to suggest?