DABUZZ'Z 1971 MAZDA CAPELLA RE + New 74 RX4

dabuzz

On 05/05/2020 at 08:28, dabuzz said:

That is a different motor, was my spare standard one, not as detailed as the one sitting in my car, but a nice original motor for a resto.

I decided to sell it, no point having all that money tied up, when the car is still just a giant paperweight.

Its cheap, but it doesn't owe me a lot, and i'm hoping someone will snap it up so I can pour the $ into panel and paint.

oh sweet.

i would say thats a good idea. 

have you got a date for the body to go to choppers?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i messaged him last night, said between 4 and 7 weeks, the Covid thing has pushed him back alot.

I'm in no rush though, might give me time to build another motor to make a few extra $ in the mean time

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I use Terei Brothers platers in West Auckland, but any electroplater can do it, just ask for either gold or silver passivating

I just send in a bucket of old dirty rusty parts, and they come back mostly mint, not always though depends on how bad the rust is, pitting etc wont be fixed unless you prep and polish the parts first.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Glad to hear it was worth sending to dashboard restos.

Took my cracked dash pad to upholster with my interior told me to take it home and send it to auckland and do it properly first time.......open the wallet up for a bit more of a reaming haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...