DABUZZ'Z 1971 MAZDA CAPELLA RE + New 74 RX4

dabuzz

Thanks, I wouldn't know if its possible to do at home, but I usually just take a small bucket load of stuff down to our local platers and it comes back nice.

I love the stuff, just send in your dirty scummy rusty parts and they come back mint, zero labour and maximum effect! Also pretty cost effective really, i would estimate if you sent a whole cars worth  of nuts bolts and brackets in, you'd have change out of $1000.

@MRWEST agree, def hurts the wallet, but the mental thing of being so close and taking big steps back was hard to deal with. Ive always had trust issues with people working on my stuff, and this was one of the few times I've let someone take the car and it bit me, oh well lesson learned. 

• Like 3

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as above - love the quality and attention to detail. I'm currently reconditioning my corolla's heater unit and should probably go down the 'patient' plating path on a few bits!
How do you find the threads/bolts for fitment after plating?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bistro said:

Amazing work - great level of detail!! 

Good staggering of updates to for everyone in lockdown to have something to look forward to hahaha 

Thanks man, yea has been good doing it over the past week or so, unfortunately I'm pretty much caught up so apart from a few smaller bits, ill have to wait until the panel is underway again before I can do some proper updates again. I'm actually inspired again, got a bit over it especially after the panel setback, but doing this log has reminded me of how far I've come with it from where it started.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cletus said:

Those original exhaust ports are tiny! Is that unique to twin dizzy engines? 

Yup twin dizzy only, although, the US market had bigger single hole exhausts on their twin dizzy's much like the early single dizzy rx3 motors etc

• Like 1

That is a different motor, was my spare standard one, not as detailed as the one sitting in my car, but a nice original motor for a resto.

I decided to sell it, no point having all that money tied up, when the car is still just a giant paperweight.

Its cheap, but it doesn't owe me a lot, and i'm hoping someone will snap it up so I can pour the $ into panel and paint.

• Like 1