DABUZZ'z 1971 Mazda Capella RE + New 74 RX4

dabuzz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok, so now I'm (mostly) over the mess the last panel guy carried out, i have been setting some plans in motion to start the next stage make some $ and get panels repaired properly.

So as its part of the story, ill now share pics - the pics Tbh, dont really show how bad it all is, the rear 1/4 is very buckled, and the wheel arch flare, i cant even comprehend.

You can sort of see in the first pic, where the rust was, at the very top of the flare, and at both lower corners.

panel beater suggested, that there would be more rust between the inner and outer skins, and that a whole new section should be made, and installed, that way the inner can be treated properly, this all made sense, and i agreed. panel guy - lets call him Noddy had a new arch section made off a sample i gave him, when I gave him the sample I expressly said make new section a mirror image as sample was for RHS.

this is where it turned to shit......

Noddy forgot to tell fabricator, and made as per sample, not mirrored, so profile was different.

I said lets remake the correct profile, Noddy said, nah mate, ill make it work.......

2.23.jpg

fkup5.jpg

fkup6.jpg

fkup4.jpg

fkup2.jpg

fkup11.jpg

fkup12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The sills are not straight, one of the sills had a small crease it it, so instead of pulling out the crease, and making a new rear section to suit, he made the new section with a crease it it to match - wtf :-(

sill1.jpg

sill4.jpg

sill2.jpg

sill3.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...