1vaknd

August 2021 taupo track day

im keen, also keen to end up at the RSA again TBH

With this time frame i might have a shot at getting Dad on board with getting the new race car built. @Truenotch knows good things take time with Jeff's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bearded Baldy said:

RSA is gone now. Sad to say.

Thats ok, as i actually meant the cosmopolitan club anyway haha, my bad :P

• Like 1

Haha that's ok then.

I drive past the track twice a day, always wondered what it would be like on a track day. Might be a good chance to find out.

so with the majority of covid out of the way, I have progressed a little with pricing and a date,

so far they are free for august next year.

would you guys be interested in a Friday or prefer a Saturday/Sunday?

price is looking to be the $10,00 mark for a single day so i would be looking at 25 spots for track 2 and another 25 for track 3.

that brings a rough estimate for cost around the $210-$220 mark depending on bonds and paying a couple people to marshal throughout the day

depending on Taupo's response and negotiations, track 3 grip prices might go down and track 3 drift prices up in the opposite fashion (Taupo doesn't like drifting so they rape that crowd and refuse to give grass bonds back)

• Confused 1

Sounds good man. I'd say you could go higher than 25 entries for the grip side while still giving heaps of track time. You'll easily be able to run 10 cars at a time, so the 25 cars/drivers would get a hell of a workout (heaps of track time, but lots of people will fizzle out by mid afternoon). 

My suggestion is Friday the 13th of August 8) . 

Instead of paying people to marshal, you could offer a free 1/2 day for marshaling the other 1/2 of the day?
I hate putting my hand up to marshal because you always get told "we'll swap you out in a few hours" and you never get swapped out haha, but happy to do a 1/2 day

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ned said:

Instead of paying people to marshal, you could offer a free 1/2 day for marshaling the other 1/2 of the day?
I hate putting my hand up to marshal because you always get told "we'll swap you out in a few hours" and you never get swapped out haha, but happy to do a 1/2 day

the idea was to have two marshals for each track and do a half day each, so if someone was to do that sort of scenario, i wouldn't say no.

most people i know who will attend, will drive and sharn all day so hard to get people, just sweetening the deal and trying to keep you all safe

• Like 1

^^ eat sandwiches & wave flag when told to or when you can see the track is not safe to hoon on, watch cars hoon on track etc.. 

• Like 3

Drag the bodies and burning wreckages from the track so others can keep racing

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

marshal jobs should be pretty cruisey, for the track 3 drifting side of things almost all the drivers will have many years of experience so will have one person situated where you turn off the back straight as its totally blind. and track 2 one in the pit tower and another on the infield.

i expect muppetry to be super low as drifters have alot of seat time and most of the oldschool guys know whats up and understand the responsibilities as a driver.

• Like 4