towbar mod question

ul9601

48 minutes ago, ul9601 said:

How tricky would it be to chop off the centre section and graft it on?

I'm not sure I understand the question. 

Can you cut steel and weld?

Legal:

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/towing-connections/light-vehicle-towbar-and-fifth-wheel

Knock yourself out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cut the whole removable tongue bracket off and glue it onto your towbar, easy. Have done it a few times myself.

I've fitted heaps of towbars through my old work, and made a fair few from scratch. The quality on the premade ready to fit kit's is questionable at best. Without knowing your welding ability, I'd say you are more than capable of doing a better job than most.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2020 at 23:15, a.craw4d said:

Cut the whole removable tongue bracket off and glue it onto your towbar, easy. Have done it a few times myself.

I've fitted heaps of towbars through my old work, and made a fair few from scratch. The quality on the premade ready to fit kit's is questionable at best. Without knowing your welding ability, I'd say you are more than capable of doing a better job than most.

I'll upload a photo of some of my "better" welding "work" for your amusement - thanks for your confidence in me though :smile:

• Like 1