Rb drifters' rusty old 82 L200

rb drifter

I had contemplated putting flares on and cutting the tray. but then couldn't bring myself to do that I like the factory body lines. Would rather get the diff shortened to match the original L200 width and everything should be good then. But it's not too much of an issue for now

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, rb drifter said:

Cheers mate. I have spare twin round headlights and grill. Not mint but useable 

I have a feeling this has been changed as it's a 1982 which from what I understand should be twin squares 

possibly jap import vs todd motors. There was some just use what parts are available going on at some points too. front end prang likely as well i guess

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ProZac said:

The one I pulled them off is also an 82, and a todd motors vehicle. It was a 1.6 with a column change 4 speed, so pretty base spec.

This was originally 1.6 and column change so yeah same thing. Not sure if it was a Todd motors vehicle I've never actually checked

2 hours ago, tortron said:

Quite liking the missmatched panel paintjob

Cheers, yeah I'm in two minds about it. I dont want a mint looking ute as I will scratch the shit out of it. The evidence is in my mazda bt50 that had two scratches a broken tail light and broken  fog light before it had 500kms on the clock.....

So the cunning plan me and a mate have been discussing is a paint job but making it look patina I guess call it a "fake patina" ?  He has experience in doing it. Tempted to change to a different style of wheels too but the diff will definitely need shortening for what I'm wanting to do  

You might run into problems with the pump mounted that high. (unless you already have another low by the tank - which would then seem pointless)

Looks like a Carter pump, they're a push type pump, not a suck. You'd really want it much lower and closer to the tank outlet for it to be effective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CUL8R said:

You might run into problems with the pump mounted that high. (unless you already have another low by the tank - which would then seem pointless)

Looks like a Carter pump, they're a push type pump, not a suck. You'd really want it much lower and closer to the tank outlet for it to be effective.

Yeah it is a Carter pump. Okay never knew that cheers!  I acquired this pump years ago so it's no biggie if it doesn't do the job.

Originally these just had a mechanical pump on the motor so I'll see how it goes but if it does create issues I'll know where to start looking. Do you have any idea what psi rating these pumps have?

7 hours ago, rb drifter said:

Yeah it is a Carter pump. Okay never knew that cheers!  I acquired this pump years ago so it's no biggie if it doesn't do the job.

Originally these just had a mechanical pump on the motor so I'll see how it goes but if it does create issues I'll know where to start looking. Do you have any idea what psi rating these pumps have?

Probably a Carter 4070

https://www.nzperformance.co.nz/carter-4070-72gph-6psi-fuel-pump

I run one directly to the carb - no regulator - on the Mercury and it seems OK. I do have it mounted at the back of the car down by the gas tank. 

• Like 1