Alternator Wiring VT V8 Commodore

Kiwibirdman

I am doing the wiring on my EJ Holden. The alternator on the VT commodore V8 has a ply with 2 wires going into it. It looks like one side has power the other goes into the wiring loom. Does anyone know if this is required for the alternator to provide charge or will it work as single wire?

Is it a bosch alternator with a plug that looks like an injector plug on it?

If so 

One is the sense wire, goes to the battery

Other one is the warning lamp 

I got one the other day and I think the guy said it will work without the warning light hooked up but it's a good idea to hook it up anyway  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

brown wire is the alternator light. wire from ignition feed thru a diode thru a light and to  the brown wire.

white is the alternator voltage sense, ideally wired to  the battery + terminal (can be looped to  the alternator + stud)

let me know if ya have any problems getting your standalone setup  going, been a while since i done that one.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 13:30, vk327 said:

brown wire is the alternator light. wire from ignition feed thru a diode thru a light and to  the brown wire.

white is the alternator voltage sense, ideally wired to  the battery + terminal (can be looped to  the alternator + stud)

let me know if ya have any problems getting your standalone setup  going, been a while since i done that one.

Thanks, getting dangerously close to fire up. Keep getting side tracked on other stuff.