AN lines for power steering?

WhangareiKE70

Hey all,

I see plenty of kits using AN lines for power steering, which is ideal for me as I need custom lines and now have the kit to do AN lines. and they will fit in with my oil cooler/breather lines.
Is there a particular type/series of AN line that I should use? 

Or, alternatively, anyone heard/seen horror stories of them not being appropriate for the pressures of power steering?  

For reference it's an RB25DET pump and a Patrol/Safari PS box, and I was going to use -6AN for everything bar the return to the pump from the reservoir where I would use -10AN due to the size of the barb on the pump (that line is low pressure anyway). 

Cheers and TIA,
Hayden.

Just need to work out what pressure and type of oil is running through whatever system you're doing and whether the an lines/fittings are rated for it. Not much help but I'm sure it would be easy enough to Google or call your local hydraulic shop or an part supplier. 

• Like 1

The teflon lined high pressure stuff. the fittings use an olive / compression set up, I have used them/am using them, work sweet. I generally buy the aeroflow stuff from engine parts in silverdale akl. Great to deal with and you dont feel like you have been overly rogered on the price

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sluggy said:

The teflon lined high pressure stuff. the fittings use an olive / compression set up, I have used them/am using them, work sweet. I generally buy the aeroflow stuff from engine parts in silverdale akl. Great to deal with and you dont feel like you have been overly rogered on the price

I have bought some Aeroflow bits from them already, they were the best priced that I could see. Added bonus they are like 800m from the workshop Dad works at semi-regularly.

Will have a watch of the Skid Factory video and order some bits.