Impulsive 4wd trip - Friday 3rd

NickJ

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mof said:

Ah yeah should be ok. But as I said, recovery points wouldn't go amiss just in case. Don't really want to put a chain around the axle 

yes, something i need to add to it. front factory lashing points were broken, so had no issue cutting them off to fit nudge-bar

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Mof said:

Can we go yet?

Can we go yet?

Can we go yet?

So I take it you're coming? 

I'm keen eh, new truck is coming along well too, almost on top of all the maintenance and then onto the camper fitout.

3 hours ago, JustHarry said:

Getting closer.

What's the plan @NickJ @Mof

Where/when you wanna meat

Thats a point....

Key is booked for 21-22 March, plan is to meet first thing Saturday at Mof's work in Hornby, cars can be left there then head out via Darfield. 

I'll let Mof list required safety gear, i'm fairly relaxed with the exception if you bog in the river with no recovery points, i'm not getting wet!

• Like 2

Who's keen? 

Let us know if you're driving or require a seat so we can gauge numbers. 

Meet at 8am in Hornby/Sockburn (PM me for the address) it's a locked yard so passengers cars will be secure. 

I've got plenty of recovery gear and there aren't too many of us so don't feel like you have to rush out and buy stuff. But if you've got gear by all means bring it along. 

It's a small hut so don't expect a bed, there's plenty of sheltered space to pitch tents. 

Bring:

Tent

Sleeping bag and something to sleep on 

Warm clothes (hopefully the weather is good but we are in the middle of nowhere and things can change quick)

Torch

Food, two lunches and a dinner, and snacks. I have a two burner cooker you're welcome to use. 

Plate, utensils etc. Cooking pot or something. 

Medications.

Towel.

The station charges $20 per vehicle to get through the gate. 

Did I miss anything? 

Questions? 

• Like 3

@Mof @NickJ

sorry fellas, kinda forgot this was still happening and am taking son south on thursday to whack lead into goats/deer, help pour a concrete floor and assist tree removal for a damsel in distress etc

L/C80 needs a few things done before it gets involved in anything more serious than towing shit up and down the island. IE: no recovery points, no traction adders fitted.

Vitara is in a similar situation, but at least it has a winch

open diffs suck !!