Jordan's 1972 MS75 Crown Project - Discussion thread

Jordan_L

1 hour ago, Jordan_L said:

Does anyone have any contacts for brake parts? Its seemingly got no brakes at all, and having been sat so long it would be reassuring to replace everything if they're available on the shelf.

Rock auto has crown brakes. Are they the same as NZ spec?

guday Jordan

ive never seen a badge like that before, was it on the boot of on the fuel filler flap?

as far as brakes go, what parts are you missing? i have some parts  i could send you but might cost a fortune to send.

you can buy lots of parts out of australia, they assembled and sold MS65s there so they still have a few bits and pieces. mainly suspension bushes is what they have.

Super Pro do every suspension bush except the front inner lower control arm bushings.

and i have no idea what those seats are from but i reckon they'll be more comfortable than the original ones.

• Like 1

@sheepers - the badge is on the fuel cap - strangely there are no other badges on the rear, just the 330 badge. 

Can anyone advise on what badge should be there (and has anyone got one for sale

In terms of brakes, ive not stripped them yet but I'm presuming they will need full rebuild kits all round due to the time its sat.

I'll take a pic of the fuel filter badge,  it's very similar to the pic you posted just without the 330 round bit. 

Also if all you need is seal kits then you should be able to match something up,  they are just generic sized, nothing special

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 04/02/2020 at 23:31, sheepers said:

Nolithane makes some of the bushes but they'll be pretty much the same price. 

The super pro bushes are good,  they're pricey but they work. 

@sheepers - any ideas on stockists for Lower Control Arm bushes? Superpro don't stock these.

On 09/03/2020 at 00:16, sheepers said:

Yea that's the only one I haven't been able to get. 

Please let me know if you find them.

@sheepers someone on the facebook groups provided the below info -

Part # 48654-30010 was the part number for the lower control arm for the MS75.

This was superseded to 48654-30020. In date & production order, the part fitted the following Crowns: RS, MS5# 9/67 > 1/71; RS60, MS6#, MS75 2/71 > 9/74; RS80, MS8#, MS95 10/74 > 8/79; RS110, MS11#, LS110  9/79 > 7/83; YS120, MS12#, LS120  8/83 > 8/87.  

Superpro stock the 30020 under SPFK1129K - measurements below. Will check at weekend if it looks like it will fit.

Screenshot_20200311-080338.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...