Nick's 1982 Honda XL250R Boomer ADV Adventures

TimShadboltfan27

14 minutes ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

I've been punishing small bikes on some seriously sweet adventures recently. 

Great minds think alike. I've been on the hunt for something similar for a while. Tempted to WR250R as I haven't spotted one as lovely as yours and just rock the wof/rego on hold until it gets to 40 years old in 2048...

42 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

Great minds think alike. I've been on the hunt for something similar for a while. Tempted to WR250R as I haven't spotted one as lovely as yours and just rock the wof/rego on hold until it gets to 40 years old in 2048...

Yup seriously considered seeing Stacey Jones and financing a CRF250L they are so rad, but think I made the right decision buying the 40 y/o version of it 

• Like 1

I owned one of them for 24 years. I bought it when I turned 14, the NZ army also used them so lots of parts off the shelf in NZ and you will come across the odd mat green one. I had a Supertrapp exhaust and custom cam by CLS cams, it would do 150 KPH.

Honda xl2503 003.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i ended up getting that 40L dry bag. This Givi one. shit its good. 150 clams was steep but man so worth it. name brand quality multiple little stash pockets and all of the boomer accessories. fits my tent, sleeping bag and bedroll in the no dramas. will be a bit of tetris to try and squeeze clothes and other essentials in there but i will make it no doubt. 

QZdVASx.jpg?1

The beauty of the durable grippy material is that it sticks to the seat, and you can lean on it, making an extremely uncomfortable bike marginally more comfortable. 

Bring on some beach nangs in a couple weeks to shake this puppy down

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...