Daves Other V-twin +Turbo (Drift Quad)

Muncie

16 hours ago, HighLUX said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/performance/listing-2523460184.htm?rsqid=35d3a4a1921c477882969711be9eec04-002

Looks like it has everything on it to keep a speeduino or microsquirt happy and just run it post turbo into each bank to look extra badass

Think i might just buy one of those anyway for a rainy day.

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SOHC said:

Are you running oil through the turbo bearings? 

Yeah mate these twins have full presurised oil systems both are fed under turbo not really visible to well.AN4 feed AN 6 Return,

Return might be too small once turbo is spinning in anger time will tell no smoke or oil puddles yet. 

20190820_184300.thumb.jpg.eb25a02617db0c0762ca668931de955a.jpg

20190820_164001.thumb.jpg.4575cefaa0d2a691681c787d0d508dd2.jpg

• Like 2

Better look at these oil lines. I sparked her up with some fuel line and hose tails on pressure side of turbo just to flush the core out, ive had this turbo for bloody ages! I just let the drain dribble on the garage floor to purge any shit out.

Now ive got a choice to make both of which require a hole in block there is a perfect oil drain at front of engine but the turbo is now at the back for packaging reasons a line would be to long and flat to run all the way to it i think.

This seems like the logical choice but is probably below the sump level will this give me any issues?

1581876038525630257844792545298.jpg

• Like 1

A few people have asked how im going to fuel this.....

An aircraft mechanic at work drew me up a sketch on a paper towel and i think its worth a nudge, essentially my fire extinguisher fuel tank is becoming a "rising rate fuel tank" ive got a -8 fitting on my compressor housing which will pressurize the tank and feed the fuel pump at boost pressure. The fuel pump will then add 1.5 -2psi to it keeping fuel from being blown back up the jet in the carb the float bowl will also need to be pressurized as well to make it work.

Going to be Braided speedflow lines everywhere but im going for an Extreme! theme on this thing. I get the speed flow lines and fittings from the bin at work no good for the sky anymore but plenty of life in them for this kind of stuff.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, cletus said:

I remember reading something about back in the 70s when turbo kits were a new popular thing,  adding boost pressure to a stock fuel pump on one side of the diaphragm to equalize pressure

Have you considered a suck through setup instead

mainly going blow through in case the turbo sucks i can just revert to naturally aspirated easily. Also dont want to have a hot pipe loaded with air and fuel just under my nads in case of a back fire.

Decided to throw away almost all of the frame around engine and remake it in box section instead. Its like the frame was built by a blind furniture maker on a Friday nothing's square the welds are shit but the suspension and brackets are excellent! So I'll rescue the brackets and suspension and start again.

Its a very basic shape so will take bugger all to fabricate and be nice and sturdy, when this engines doing its thing in anger it'll have as much power as a small car so i better not risk it ripping in half. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

1 down 1 to go! flipped the hub so more offset and redrilled for go kart bolt pattern. Still looks pretty good if anything looks more mental than before. Will run some go kart wide rears eventually but will stick with quad rims till its been running a while.

20200326_105313.jpg

• Like 3