Muncie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspiration....

It all fits surprisingly well. 

I'll be adding the length back in the middle of the bike so foot room is better and legs stay clear of the exhaust and forward of the output shaft.

Axle is burly enough i think it'll spin rather than hook and go to be honest its still pretty light.

images.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

My son rocked up with some awesome looking magnesium go kart wheels that will look wicked on the front!

Might try find some for the Rear too. As a bonus they should sit it on its guts. 

Its going to have to run a jackshaft to get power to a usable clutch I'll just buy an Ebay 1" unit and be done with it the clutch can run on the jackshaft instead of the motor as the 1 1/8" engine shaft is a prick of a size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

Cheers i did try going through your build threads but didn't know which one it was in.

Any idea what the 3 knurled cap screws on the rim do? Both these rims have them. 

They are a bead lock system. Its likely missing the internal bit, which is just a tab that clamps down on the bead. It's for hardcore karts that have so much power they'll spin the rim inside the tyre. By hardcore I mean shifter karts like 250cc 2 strokes etc... I wouldn't worry about it, as it's not going to be a problem with less than about 40hp.

On mine, I mixed up epoxy and glued them in to seal. Then cut the protruding thread off on the inside rim section with an angle grinder. You could use thread sealer like loctite if you happen to have it on hand?1581196369861537370657929517786.thumb.jpg.45f720958ccb589658e6c993a46149ea.jpg

Held air for like 6 months or more ...no leaks at all.

These are for the front fortunately so horsepower wont be too much of an issue..... though im thinking i might want front brakes these look like i could still shave them down to fit. 200$ for everything in photo seems real reasonable.

Screenshot_20200209-110553_Trade Me.jpg

2 hours ago, Muncie said:

Like all my previous previous projects I've  cut it in half and made it longer and lower.

Turbo has plenty of room but the exhaust will need a guard over it to prevent skin grafts been needed.

FB_IMG_1581199876190.jpg

Fuck yeah, that looks awesome as is. Those proportions are spot on! I'd leave those wheels on it just like that.

My mum was an avid designer/landscaper and she always said it really doesn't matter what or how something is made, as long as the proportions are right, it'll look amazing.

That's why certain cars look so good, yet they are just cheap crap cars...and other cars that have had hundreds of thousands spent on them look like shit. If the proportions/scale is wrong, it'll never look good. 

• Like 2

Ran it for a bit longer today to get heat into everything exhaust and turbo. VGT is weird when you muck around with the vane control it goes from silent to fucking loud! 

Turbo is doing its thing but engine has got an electronic rev limiter so cant give give it berries to see what it can do, will disable it.

Need to get the SU on and some plumbing done 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1