Old computers

~Slideways~

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.3bb8a676feaeb4e6fb98f983b79a5632.png

Olivetti P101.....we had one when I was at high school in the computer lab (C64's and an Apple IIe).  I could program it to do complex mathematics (primes etc), could save programs on magnetic cards.

Apparently they used them for the moon landings.

/Old man rant

• Like 4

But seriously, one day I'll get this bad boy fixed up...

.IMG_4386.JPG.ad723b2ae102dfbdf44d43058d5c3c20.JPG

Needs a new LCD but powers up okay or did ( /ran when parked).

Its a high end Graphite Model somehow frankensteined into an Indigo Blue case.  But man, I'd love a Tangerine or Lime case for it.

• Like 1

I had an Amstrad as my first computer, it came with a book on programming in Basic which had the code for some games in it. I once spent a whole Saturday typing out 600 lines or so of code and was super disapppointed at how shit the game was when I ran it for the first time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kicker said:

I had an Amstrad as my first computer, it came with a book on programming in Basic which had the code for some games in it. I once spent a whole Saturday typing out 600 lines or so of code and was super disapppointed at how shit the game was when I ran it for the first time.

Lol same. Couldn't type for shit.

Game was Pong and i must have messed up a line and the bottom edge wasnt set as a boundary so the 'ball' got lost.

Then we upgraded to one with a compact floppy disc drive for all the games. Fuck programming!

• Like 4

Whenever I think about writing basic to tape to make games I'm also reminded of two other things. 

1. One of the radio stations from a GTA game rabbits on about games with red square monkey, etc.  Which is lol because true. 

2. Futurama when Kiff makes a program in the holodeck for Amy and one of the characters in the hologram is Amy's pony from her youth..  "four million lines of basic" 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, kicker said:

We also had an amstrad, back in 87. It was a colour screen while the commonwhores were green, had a massive 128k memory. I remember some computer mag had monthly game codes you could type out only to find out like you said, how shit they were. I also remember it had what now would be a seriously basic art program that blew my mind at the time haha.. 

• Like 1