It’s a Vanden Plas Princess 1100 my good man

Agent75

They are so damn absurd that I love them - kind of like the ado16 better than mini in many respects. 

You would have your knees around your ears drinking whiskey off the picnic trays in the back !

i need a hydrolastic pump if anyone knows someone!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Indiana_Jones said:

Not sure if anyone on OS has one, but I think the Wolseley club might have one (not sure where). That said, there are ways to make homemade pumps. 

Thanks, yes I used to have a 15/50 and I remember them having one - I might get in touch 

8 hours ago, GuyWithAviators said:

Can make a pump fairly easily with a grease gun or old brake master cylinder. 
I found an actual pump for my 74 pleb spec 1300, so fun going up and down whenever I want. 

Lush VDP. I have some assorted ADO16 parts around the place if you need anything. 

Thanks very much - I may need a back left door hinge so I might hassle you once she arrives 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, locost_bryan said:

Wonder if it was an Embassy car between '65 and '71? I think they had special plates that were assigned to the Embassy, rather than to specific cars (I could be wrong).

Lovely car, great project.

Have seen a few recently on the ADO16 facebook group.

Ooh I might have to join that group! It was 1972 now that I look. THey we’re quite expensive and strange so it may have sat in the dealer for 7 years!

• Like 1

Well I’ve got her home and some books and receipts came with it - check out the bound vdp owners manual and brochure . The first owner was 200metres from my house ! It was actually first registered in the uk which explains the 1972 rego. 

6902D1A3-5AE7-4882-A539-D26362611B50.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Agent75 said:

They we’re quite expensive and strange so it may have sat in the dealer for 7 years!

Not a chance. There was a significant waiting list for new cars in those days. I've been told that it was not uncommon for a year old car in good nick to sell for more than the new price purely because it was available.

• Like 3