anyone used a turbo scavenger pump/recommendations

ThePog

I looked at the VDO's, they are pretty spendy plus are only 12v, I need it to be 24v. The burnsco ones come in a 24v so will be a lot easier

55 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

Roof mount turbo, end of story. 

If it wasn't for my foolish requirement for rear passenger seats I could go mad in the cabin with this.

2 hours ago, mjrstar said:

I would personally be doing anything i could (within reason) to eliminate the need for the added complexity of a scavenge pump. 

Yes it's a shit thing to have to do. I need to take the cab off again in a day or two, I think I will take a proper hard look at the positioning.

That rsr page has some opinions on the vdo and tilton pumps

One of the main reasons I went away from the rear mount idea was the fact you have to rely on an electric pump to keep you going, which would be difficult to get a replacement quickly to get you going again.

Which is probably a bit dumb as a fuel pump is the same thing really

Those burnsco ones are pretty cheap I guess you could keep one as a backup in the truck if you were worried about it

Right, I have spent the last half an hour fucking around with this and I am pretty sure I can make an adaptor to mount the turbo directly beneath the manifold. This means the sump drain is 100mm straight down from that.

It will mean moving my clutch line away from what's going on in that area, but it also means I can have a lake pipe if I want to...

Thanks again to @mjrstar for the quality steer on this.

Edit; it means I can probably use the standard dump pipe now as well. Yay!

Second edit; thanks for all the useful advice on this one chaps....I will update soon.

• Like 7