Remaking a glovebox liner.

RUNAMUCK

I was tossing up posting this in tech spam, but decided it would just get buried sooner or later and the info lost.

Has anyone remade the cardboard glovebox liner for an old car? My current build had a mint glovey but some sweets/lollies liquified in it, and made it unusable. I have another, but it's more grot/a wee bit torn. 

What kind of card might I use to make a replacement from? And where would you even buy it? 

Coreflute would do the job and be easy to work with. But that's mostly white no? 

Discuss!

• Like 1

You can buy corflute in many different colors and thicknesses. Only issue might be how you'd glue the seams tidily together.

You could use thin foamboard (available from bunnings i think, has a paper layer) to make the shape, then cover the inside with a few layers of fibreglass tissue and resin (could even throw some black pigment into this)

I could post you some fiberglass tissue if you went this route. I have lots here from an ali express order. 

• Like 1