Kempy's flock of scoots

kempy

• 4 weeks later...

Repower sorted, Going Electric and pushed the button on a 5KW Hub and 120amp Sine wave controller, batteries still being pondered

Also have 2 x  Suzuki AC50's to work on, new guards ordered, Spare AC50 motor on the way with a swag of other spare parts, hope to have something to ride very shortly, finally

• Like 4

fmuyfsuw.ltq.jpgHah, I really don't know if I should thank you or not?!?

One of the AC50's (The Green one) is one I purchased off my neighbour in 1984, I remember seeing it as a wee kid thinking it was huge by how it towered over me, bought it off him a few years later and rode it to school regularly until I got a car

Ran flawlessly until a mate blew the motor up while I was overseas in Europe

Was an awesome bike and cant wait to get back on the road after not having a bike for 20yrs

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well.....,  to put it bluntly, I've done SFA lately on these wee bikes, apart from get them all out and line them up in a shed

spacer.png

So I think the plan is to get rid of the GSXR750 or strip the engine out for a go-cart or some kind of think that I wont kill myself in, get rid of the Vespa, CT90 and the get the FR50 and at least 2 of the AC50's going.

Have just sent the 5KW hub for the FA50 away to get it laced into the 12" Rim, should have a fair amount of torque being on such a small rim so I'm looking forward to getting that back

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

So roll on a year later and well..Have a seat please..... I've actually made some progress!

Finally got the GSXR750 running, it took 3-4 years for find the ECU (CDI) and once I found the tricky little sneak security circuit and corrected the bodged wiring it fired up on some engine start.

Today I had it running from the fuel tank with a freshly installed tank seal thats been around the world in 900 days and finally turned up on my doorstep this week.

I need to find a battery, assemble it and replace the remaining fluids etc etc and then see if I can go for a quick blat.

I think I'll flickit off, it's not really my thing and the idea of using the engine for a go-cart just isnt gonna happen. (the real reason as I know I''ll do something stupid and kill myself on it)

CT90 and the FH50 have gone... although there may be more CT90 action to come.

Ole mate @Tumeke  gave me a hand to get the ball rolling on a couple of the A50's and now blue FA50 is up and running, really all it needed was fresh fuel and a Tyre tube.

The far Red A50 is running, kinda. It smokes like a bastard and we discovered that the contents in the oil reservoir tank was engine oil, swapped that out for propper like 2T oil but its exhaust still resembled the Bandit's nemesis, in a serious way.

Throttle was a bit sticky too, so we removed the cover for the oil pump and discovered why it was so stubborn, that's the inside of the cover and as you can see it was nearly a full tide.

Nothing a bit of CRC and an air compressor couldn't fix, freed up the pump/cable, So now Big Red runs, but still kinda.. it sounds like an old concrete mixer, you know those old ones that had a Ring Gear around the edge and sort of made a grinding noise as it loaded up the gears on the heavy part of the cycle?, well it kinda sounds like that with this weird weird noise phasing and out every second or so.

I suspect it may be a bearing issue... I also suspect there's still half a Texas oil well in the crank case as it continually dribbles oil from any orifice that isnt as it should be, exhaust included.

So next up is the old green machine, Its my original AC50 from school days which a mate lunched while I was living in Europe, Needs a new piston and it will get the full rebuild experience, busy ordering parts which are being delivered by courier, so I should be good by the year 2154.

bikes.JPG

Oil Cover.JPG

And just to add, Feeling sorry for Red "The concrete mixer", so it'll probably get a rebuild shortly too, then We'll start attacking some some of their looks.

Pic of Kempy Jr. enjoying his first ever motorbike ride, you kinda get the feeling he was enjoying it once he mastered the clutch.

Ben on A50.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...