McLeans Island Swapmeet - 11-13 October - 2019

- i5oogt -

I went along, really enjoyed it (as I have done the previous few years)

Didn't buy much a badge, a patch for my jacket and a pastie!

My highlight was going into the vcc spares barn! I always assumed it was members only..... jeez they have alot of stuff! 

Some beautiful cars about too! Which has given me a renewed enthusiasm to get mine on the road!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Chris.QCR said:

Me & @Geophy went looking for the OS parkup but couldnt find ya.

Great to meet up with @bathcollector and also @gazguy dropping by every hour to stash stuff at our site.

I sold really well over the 3 days.

Brought a pre unit box for my drag bike project. 2 matchbox Vans. A Totara tree and two species of Lancewood trees. Stoked as 

Thanks again Chris, you and Aaron have got me fizzing about starting my moped build

• Like 4

Not a bad 3 day rummage around. Got to meet some new faces of old schoolers. Bought a km48 Sachs, a bunch of ammo boxes, a nice mecjar keg, a Carter afb, a bunch of Street rodding magazines and a few other bits. Was looking for a nice original Seagull, most were around $200 to $250.00 but had odd wingnuts or Bodgey fixes. An old guy yesterday morning unloaded quite a nice one as we were walking by. Had a yabber and he mentioned the price would be around the $200.00 mark. Done the rounds and went back to see $350.00 on it, the fucker wouldn’t budge below $300.00 so I left it with him. 

• Like 4

On 13/10/2019 at 18:03, Chris.QCR said:

Me & @Geophy went looking for the OS parkup but couldnt find ya.

Great to meet up with @bathcollector and also @gazguy dropping by every hour to stash stuff at our site.

I sold really well over the 3 days.

Brought a pre unit box for my drag bike project. 2 matchbox Vans. A Totara tree and two species of Lancewood trees. Stoked as 

they put us right in the furthest away corner possible. against the steam scene trees and mcleans island road. we were only there Saturday, I was on carpark duty for scouts on Sunday so cbf with bringing an old car out for that

They're cunts really,  come over being all good guys and wanting us "younger blokes" to get in on the cvcc and then they put us as far away as possible.. 

Karl, who turned up for the park up? Was gutted I couldn't come out but was pre booked a couple of months ago without me knowing

Ah man thats a shame they did that. I feel like the swapmeet is on steep decline. Me and my Mate would be amongst the youngest regular site holders and there used to be a que of 100 for a site and this year thay had 80 empty sites. Our Sunday was better than ever though despite the numbers being down

• Like 1

I had a real quick power walk around when it first opened on Fri as I had an hour to fill in as we were waiting for a crane to get to isaac quarry where we were working. A lot of cool stuff. But also so much junk, like non automotive related junk. 

They should have some sort of system to separate the people selling automotive stuff, and the people selling general junk/home baking/ soft toys etc. 

Bit of a bugger I couldn't make it Sat as I was working again at the quarry like 500m down the road haha, oh well, bank account is happier for it. 

Just took the photo of one car this year. Wasn’t even that tidy. Missing hubcaps, coupla scuffs and primer patches. The note on the windscreen just made it for me though, can imagine the salty old munter whinging at club brass going “it’s a historically significant 50th anniversary edition m8os, ya just don’t see them anymore.” Was tempted to leave a note under the windscreen offering him a straight swap for a mustang convertible. 

E060C55C-1127-4B11-AA8E-A5223C8A3E07.jpeg

• Like 4

On 15/10/2019 at 07:22, ajg193 said:

The first time I bought nothing, quite happy about that.

That's actually my measure of success these days. Walking away feeling good about my self control and not having to dread rearranging the shed to fit a full set of mini glass or some shit. 

• 3 weeks later...